Ecoboost Owner Forums

TRADING MY SHO for the SHO SUV....

As the title SHOs, I will most likely be trading in my 2011 Platinum White SHO for a 2013 Explorer Sport. My wife gave me the reason when she came to me recently and stated: " Babe... we're pregnant again...". LOL. So... my brother keeps trying to push a 2013 Dodge Durango R/T on us, and after at least taking a look at it this Sunday (he has my wife thinking about it), I hope to return to my Ford Dealer and lease the 2013 Ford Explorer SPORT. It is Red w/ two tone leather and all of the bells and whistles, but more importantly.... ECOBOOST! When I test drove it, I was thinking they should have called it the Explorer SHO. lol. I like it and I have never liked an SUV. Sad to see the SHO go, but honestly, I am a bit excited about this. Any ideas , suggestions or known pronblems I should know about/?

GhostSHO,

I reluctantly let my early 2010 SHO go for a '13 Sport but not for the same reasons.

Rather my ever growing teenage boys and their 90# backpacks forced my hand.

Just picked mine up last Fri after a 2 month wait. ( I ordered ).

So far other than getting use to to the size its all good and the next best thing to the SHO.

Funny you should refer to it as a SHO SUV as I'm thinking of using that tag line in a new personalized plate.

There is some decent reading and photos over on http://www.explorerforum.com if you want to further be convinced its a good alternative.

Just checked out the Explorer Sport...very sharp. We are looking to upgrade our 04 Explorer Limited, but the new Explorer isn't cutting it for us, because we need something that will work as a tow vehicle and the new Explorers just don't have the towing capacity we need...but really do like the new Explorers, they are very nice. I really like the fact that the new Sports are 4 door, that was the downside with the old Sport, they were only available as 2 doors.

Ironically, I test drove a 2011 Explorer limited today as a potential vehicle for my wife. I was super impressed. Definitely a better ride in the Durango. I can only imagine that with eco boost, it is incredible vehicle. I am looking to spend 30k, so no chance of that for me.... :(

Thanks ALL. I just picked it up today. Pictures to follow (I didnt have time after I picked it up, I went straight to Work and didnt even have time to play with it). I love it so far. I gotta get used to SUV driving; cornering is not the same at all. It picks up, but I have not really punched it yet. So far, I love it though.

I read some articles... Seems like it is the exhaust, but mostly it's the transmission/axles system being stronger that allows for the extra torque. So, I guess in theory, all ecoboost v6 can get the higher torque but the rear Won't stand up to the power? I also read that the explorer sport allows for a 50\50 split for power distributed front/rear which is up from the other explorer trims only allowing 65/35 or 60/40. Can anyone confirm this? And if true, what does it mean for performance future up grades or possibles?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2