Ecoboost Owner Forums

Red Candy SHO Mobsteel

Just about finished with the install of my new Mobsteel grill. Just have to add the SHO letters the to plate I made for the corner of the upper grill. A big thanks to Adam at Mobsteel for getting this out to me so I could install over my Christmas break. Also a big thanks to bpd1151 for his How To Article on removing the grill and to Crash712us for his pointers on the install of the grill(s).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1499[/ATTACH]

post-57-142532295398_thumb.jpg

post-57-142532295402_thumb.jpg

post-57-142532295398_thumb.jpg

post-57-142532295402_thumb.jpg

$700 bucks. lolz, does it come with a steak dinner before they bend you over.

so much for that idea. :-(

Um yea, I want a new grill as well, and it looks amazing, but I can see spending $700 on one. I keep leaning more towards either blacking out my whole stock grill, OR just blacking out the 2 that have all the holes in them, so instead of 3 chrome bars and 2 silver bars, I have 3 chrome and 2 black.

Maybe for a quick test, ill try it out with plasti-dip, so if I dont like it, I can peel it off. lol

From what I understand, during my visit to their facility this past Summer, the last company they had doing the fiberglassing, it had gone belly up.

They thought they found a replacement fiberglasser, but they weren't happy with the overall quality.

I think they're still searching for an outfit that will be able to turn out a quality product.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Nice! Im thinking of buying a used oem grill off ebay for 50$..Take inner center out,then cut the outer center chrome bar with dremel..then bondo,sand and blend it in where you cut the chrome center bar piece off..prime and paint..place wire mesh nice and flush.. the mesh you can get for 20 dollars..The oem grill is two pieces..Below is a pic of the inner center piece...This would be a fun project!!

KGrHqRHJFMFCg668hfqBQ5Nk1zI60_57.jpg

KGrHqFHJDMFCfleCcCBQ5N34Eng60_57.jpg

KGrHqFHJFIFC-yEnwYBQ5OF12sg60_57.jpg

042-4.jpg

I had once plan to do same thing, but was told it would hold up and look good for long. Reason being the unlike materials expansion and contraction cracks will form. But perhaps there is better suited material for this other than bondo.

But don't let me discourage you, would truly like to see you succeed at doing it. As the cracking was concern of mine as well and durability.