Ecoboost Owner Forums

New 2013 SHO Owner

sweetair

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2013 SHO as the thread states. I really like this car. I traded my 2009 Pontiac G8 GT for it. It was a good trade as there is good value still in the G8's right now. My needs changed and I like the creature comforts of the SHO. I had owned a 1994 Taurus GL. That was a great car as well. A bit boring, but ran well. I traded that car in for what is now my garage queen, a 2003 Mercury Marauder. She is a blast to drive. I have put a supercharger on her, upgraded the brakes, and did a few other mods to her, all tastefully done. I also have a 1969 Mercury Cougar XR7, S code 4 speed convertible. She is in great shape and is a real beauty. There is one more Ford in the group, a 2008 Expedition EB. Great SUV. My wife's fun ride is a 2007 SAAB Aero convertible. Great looking car. and she looks great in it. :becky:

So now I am joining the group here. I have an initial question right out of the box. Once again, I have a car that has no spare tire or jack, as my SHO has the PP with the 20" wheels. I can't stand that. The G8 was the same way. I remedied the G8 by obtaining an extra 19" premium rim and tire, and a jack kit from GM for a V6 (they came with a spare) and it all fit in the well that was there in the car.

Has anyone done this to their 2013, or '12,'11,'10 SHO? Is it even an option to get a jack kit from Ford and an extra rim/tire and will it fit in the well in the trunk that is there? If I get a flat I can change a tire and NOT have to rely on a tow. Granted, I never needed the spare for the G8, but when dealing with Murphy's Law, it is always best to be prepared.

Thanks for looking and appreciate any and all replies.

Bill

:welcome: Congrats on the new car, hope you like it. As far as having a spare I see no reason why you couldn't replace the stuff in the wheel well with a spare. I would not be wild about not having a spare either. Hope you post some photos of the new ride. Again, thanks for joining us and hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome aboard Bill :welcome:

Glad to have you join up here on EBOF!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of like minded owners here, each of whom enjoy owning their SHO's as much as it sounds like you do. :thumb:

Lot's of info posted here thus far, so enjoy the various topics, and what not.

As far as the jack goes, and your desire to possibly purchase same.......

Looks like the jack alone, and it's related components can be had brand new, for approx. $100

Check this link here my friend ----------------> http://www.trademotion.com/parts/2012/FORD/TAURUS/SHO/?siteid=318&vehicleid=1501990&diagram=JN10715&diagramCallOut=1

Best of luck, and once again, welcome aboard. Oh hey, don't forget to include some pics when time permits!

Mike :yo:

Thank you for the warm welcome. And this is my thought. Will a 20" rim/tire fit in the well? It is a big well just curious if someone did it and it worked.

Thanks again. I'll try to get some pics up. I always seem to have problems with posting pics though.

I wonder if a full size tire and wheel would fit in the well? I suppose not.

Great link Mike. Thanks.

Welcome aboard Bill :welcome:

Glad to have you join up here on EBOF!

I'm sure you'll find a lot of like minded owners here, each of whom enjoy owning their SHO's as much as it sounds like you do. :thumb:

Lot's of info posted here thus far, so enjoy the various topics, and what not.

As far as the jack goes, and your desire to possibly purchase same.......

Looks like the jack alone, and it's related components can be had brand new, for approx. $100

Check this link here my friend ----------------> http://www.trademotion.com/parts/2012/FORD/TAURUS/SHO/?siteid=318&vehicleid=1501990&diagram=JN10715&diagramCallOut=1

Best of luck, and once again, welcome aboard. Oh hey, don't forget to include some pics when time permits!

Mike :yo:

Welcome first...

If you were nearby Montreal, I'd sell you my spare tire and jack kit.

I always leave it out: car is lighter and trunk is wider.

If ever I get a flat tire, I'll pay the towing. I used a spare one time in 20 years and have driven over 250,000 miles!

The only times I'd like a spare is if I were to drive in the woods or list roads, bit it never happens and I would take the Ford Flex...

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...