Ecoboost Owner Forums

NEWB issues with car settings.Very annoying.

Kolk1

Ive been going through the settings options, and trying to figure out a way to fix, or change 2 things about the car.

A) half the time it seems like it wont let me turn on the Cruise control. Very annoying. On a empty highway, I dont care about Radar ACC, I just want 60mph, just freaking do it already!!

B) no matter if collision assist is off, on, no gap, big gap, doesnt matter, as soon as I get into traffic, I always it a chimes and Warnings popping up about Collision Assist not available, then I hit reset, and it says something about radar blocked see manual(that only talks about it being dirty), then hit reset again, and it takes me back to my normal Miles until empty screen.

Although I don't have the ACC option (call me crazy, just never was to keen on the car driving itself) but I have heard of other owner's who have had issues with sensors themselves.

I believe the sensors being "blocked" message was/is more common with the BLIS or Cross Traffic Alert system, rather than the ACC, but I would suspect that you may have either a sensor merely out of factory alignment / spec, or worse, a faulty sensor entirely.

Hopefully others will chime in for you and offer up some solutions, but this may be best remedied by taking it to your local Dealer's Service Dept. and have them check.

I know there was a TSB on the BLIS sensors at one point, perhaps there's one pertaining to the ACC as well :noidea:

Good luck though :thumb:

Same here only seen the warning with heavy rain conditions or if snow was blocking the lower portion where the sensor is located. I agree, it sounds like a problem something akin to the TSB that was out for the early BLISS users. The update the problem with the BLISS for the most part, although it still activates for guide rails, hills, and things that shouldn't on occasion. But that's the side warning stuff and my ACC has been working fine.

I really think that's the best way to approach this problem, if they can't update the ACC, then you may have a larger problem. But I would make them aware of the problem, and have them note it, so that it is covered before you reach 36K miles...that way it should be fixed under warranty even if you go over the mileage, if you've made them aware that it is a problem while under warranty.

Ok, thanks guys, ill go talk to them about it.

Couple other NEWB questions, after seeing Mikes 2010 SHO today.

His gauges were solid aqua color. Mine are half white, with only aqua outer hash marks, Was this a specific year or model difference?

Also, lets say during the day the gauges are at 100% brightness, but at night, even turned all the way up, they are only at 50%, go any higher and the dome lights turn on. I dont want 100% at night, but 60-75% range would be nice.

Ok, thanks guys, ill go talk to them about it.

Couple other NEWB questions, after seeing Mikes 2010 SHO today.

His gauges were solid aqua color. Mine are half white, with only aqua outer hash marks, Was this a specific year or model difference?

Also, lets say during the day the gauges are at 100% brightness, but at night, even turned all the way up, they are only at 50%, go any higher and the dome lights turn on. I dont want 100% at night, but 60-75% range would be nice.

sounds like his car is not a 402a package. the 402a option came with alot of stuff and the more fancy guages.

my brother in law(who STILL CANNOT REGISTER ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!HELLO) 2013 had to have the ACC reset, along with the CW. its better now.

sounds like his car is not a 402a package. the 402a option came with alot of stuff and the more fancy guages.

my brother in law(who STILL CANNOT REGISTER ON THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!HELLO) 2013 had to have the ACC reset, along with the CW. its better now.

As to your brother in-law contact the admin thru a pm. He well resolve asap

I know I have a lot of other stuff that mike doesnt, like NAV, 20s, RadarACC, massaging seats, rear window screen, and stuff like that. Didnt know about the gauges.

Either you or your brother-in-law should contact the Admin by a PM' date=' he can resolve the problem (as Chris said)....we don't want anyone to be left out! Let us know if you guys get this resolved.[/quote']

hes emailed numerous times, and ive PM'd admins and also sent a message via the board to admin about it. its been three weeks now.