Ecoboost Owner Forums

3rd and 4th Gear...

Scrming

Lol!

John, that is another step closer to a tune... For a cat that you were suppose to leave as is, now you have:

Tint

Performance Air filter

MRT Exhaust

Cobb 93 v102 (no idea what it is, but doean't sound stock)

And you mentioned a couple of days ago that you wanted to lower it with springs... And now you put the mycal for the gauges. Hahaha! You won't resist all summer stock. Livernois tune is going in before July I bet!

Actually, you should do it at Livernois' track rental event in June/July and come with it instead of the Flex!

Cheers!

Well... ummm... yeah... Cobb AP = Cobb AccessPort:

http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-AccessPORT-p/ap-for-001.htm#/v/accessport/support/ford/support

So yes, I'm am now TUNED! I wasn't going to tune yet, waiting for Livernois... however, a used one showed up locally and I just couldn't resist.... LOL!

More info later... but have to run now...

Just for fun I put the MyCal in the ST for the gauges...

On an abandon airstrip in Central America...

Holy smokes..... that abandoned air strip sure does see an awful lot of vehicular traffic (besides yours).

Thankfully you were able to navigate around them with ease in that fancy schmansy, newly modded out Focus ST!

Holy smokes..... that abandoned air strip sure does see an awful lot of vehicular traffic (besides yours).

Thankfully you were able to navigate around them with ease in that fancy schmansy, newly modded out Focus ST!

It's a very popular airstrip! ;)

Also put a new upper motor mount in yesterday. Then the wife says, "You said you weren't going to mod this car." I just laughed and said "and you believed me???" LOL

Lol!

John, that is another step closer to a tune... For a cat that you were suppose to leave as is, now you have:

Tint

Performance Air filter

MRT Exhaust

Cobb 93 v102 (no idea what it is, but doean't sound stock)

And you mentioned a couple of days ago that you wanted to lower it with springs... And now you put the mycal for the gauges. Hahaha! You won't resist all summer stock. Livernois tune is going in before July I bet!

Actually, you should do it at Livernois' track rental event in June/July and come with it instead of the Flex!

Cheers!

:RpS_laugh: It's really nice to see that someone else can't break the mod addiction...glad to know that someone else has that same: "Once a Motorhead...always a Motorhead" thing! I was afraid I was the only one like that! I really do like what you've done with the Focus, it is one very sharp little car!:RpS_thumbsup:

Why is the boost fluttering so badly between 20-22? Hopefully it's not really fluttering that badly' date=' and is maybe something in the logger.[/quote']

Yeah the stock boost gauge doesn't flutter at all. It's the center gauge on the dash:

[video=youtube;WTJXhIoPn7U]

Stock boost I think about 18 PSI but tapers down pretty quickly. Also I think the stock boost in 1st and 2nd gear comes on a bit slower and perhaps lower. I dig up some Cobb dynos later