Ecoboost Owner Forums

Hot Rod Lincoln

brucelinc

Bruce your stories make me chuckle... I loaded Sta2 first also but I was soon convinced 4 was safe, have never looked back. In fact I am on 5 with downpipes now.

I did some data logging last summer when it was super hot, no knock recorded. I even took it to the track during that hot spell, still had stage 4 at the time no issues. You dont have to worry about running 93.

I had the stage 4+ in my MKS and had to take it out for the winter. I called Rick @ Livernois and told him I was having major traction issues with the 4+ he suggested I put in the stage 2 tune for the winter. It seems much better, I was spinning the stock tires badly from a brisk take off and when it would shift. The best time I could run in the 1/4 mile was 13.1 @ about 105 mph with a 2.xx 60'. When I wear out the stock Michelins I will be going to a softer tire for better traction!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Great posting Bruce! Just bought a 10 MKS for the wife in December she couldn't understand why I insisted on spending the extra $$ for the ecoboost. Now she gets it, after some guy was trying to mess with her between stop lights on her way home from work. He kept pulling up beside her and then backing off over and over. She was getting annoyed and when she had no one in front of her she floored it and never saw the car again. If she thinks she has a Hot Rod Loncoln now I can't wait to get a tuner.

Hey Boosted, glad your wife enjoys the ecoboost. My wife's daily driver is a Taurus SEL with the regular 3.5. When she drives the MKS, she thinks she is Danica Patrick. In fact, she nicknamed the MKS "Rocket." She hasn't even driven "Rocket" since I installed the tune. I probably couldn't afford the speeding tickets!

We have been having messy little snowfalls about every night here - just enough to make the roads wet and greasy. Slogging along in that, I haven't had much opportunity to use much power. Finally, last night, it had dried off enough to give old Rocket a bit of "exercise." I turned off the traction control and gave it a good punch from a slow roll. JEEZ - I had almost forgotten what it was like! With a little bit of salt residue still on the streets, I was breaking traction all way through 1st gear and well into 2nd. Probably just my imagination but it seems like it keeps getting stronger!

Ok, so I can't help but comment....

"Rocket".

Your wife, hasn't driven "rocket" in some time, you like to make sure "rocket" gets exercise every now and then...

Oh my Lord, that's a whole lot of in between the lines TMI about your "rocket" if you ask me....

Hahahahahahaha :boink:

And on that note...... :bolt:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2