Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tail Light trim painting

I had my tails tinted eons ago..... along with the tint (which is/was vinyl).....

I also had the entire outer edge of each tail assembly (where the chrome had been peeling off) done in a flat black vinyl.

I think it looks good being done in flat personally.

Dig around here for pics I previously posted, if you can't find 'em, i'll link 'ya to my Photobucket album where they're located.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

[ATTACH]1578[/ATTACH]

tanetajy.jpg

All chrome on car except ford logo and exhaust tips has been plastidipped in flat black.

I like how it looks.

But I wouldn't want the black car to have all chrome blacked out because the car would look too stealth... Since I had the flaking chrome issue on tail lights three times, I needed to paint them in black and ended up with a blue car as a solution... Lol

post-379-142532289761_thumb.jpg

post-379-142532289761_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]1578[/ATTACH]

tanetajy.jpg

All chrome on car except ford logo and exhaust tips has been plastidipped in flat black.

I like how it looks.

But I wouldn't want the black car to have all chrome blacked out because the car would look too stealth... Since I had the flaking chrome issue on tail lights three times, I needed to paint them in black and ended up with a blue car as a solution... Lol

I was admiring your pictures the other day!! The car looks great! I'd be booted out of the house by the wife and living in my car if I did that to mine!!

I used plastidip to get rid of almost all the chrome on my last car, which was black. It looked great, was very durable, but is easily removed if need be. I am also glad to know that the peeling chrome trim around the taillights isn't a problem that only I have. Just got my SHO about a month ago, and as soon as it warms up a bit, I plan to plastidip that peeling chrome and probably a few other pieces for a cleaner more sporty look.