Ecoboost Owner Forums

Installing dynomax mufflers

shoman04

THE DYNOMAX ARE THE SAME SIZE OF THE STOCK MUFFLER's 2 1/4in BUT THEY GIVE YOU A NICE NEW SOUND!!!! ONLY ABOUT 3HR TO INSTALL.

STOCK SOUND

MARKING THE 1ST CUT

MAKING THE 1ST CUT

LEFT SIDE DYNOMAX INSTALL AND SOUND CHECK

FINISH 1ST HALF

START RIGHT SIDE/LOOK AT DYNOMAX UINTS

REPEAT ON RIGHT SIDE

FINISH SOUND CHECK

Very nice... I noticed that you took care to hide license plate, but not on the last one lol!

For meaner sound (but loader in cabin too), depends what you are looking for, replace tubing with 2.5'' and put an x-pipe instead of the third cat... Still not a V6, but brings out the most beast out of it... But it can get annoying travelling long periods, you really need to enjoy engine sound (which is my case but not my wife's).

But just the dynamax mufflers are a good ingredient to make the exhaust crispier.

Nice job, nice write ul, nice videos and ... Nice accent! ; )

Very nice details and it looks good. It also definitely sounds better, but for me, I am never going to get the sound that I really want out of a v6, ever, so I'm just staying with stock. The only reason I might ever change out, is simply for looks. I think on the MKS, the exit tips are a little small for the bumper cut out.

Sounds good! So you have harbor freight down there? Noticed you have the same cut off wheel and jack stands I do. Whats your next mod now?

Very nice... I noticed that you took care to hide license plate, but not on the last one lol!

For meaner sound (but loader in cabin too), depends what you are looking for, replace tubing with 2.5'' and put an x-pipe instead of the third cat... Still not a V6, but brings out the most beast out of it... But it can get annoying travelling long periods, you really need to enjoy engine sound (which is my case but not my wife's).

But just the dynamax mufflers are a good ingredient to make the exhaust crispier.

Nice job, nice write ul, nice videos and ... Nice accent! ; )

Originally Posted by Kolk1

Got a video of them? Ive been debating on a "just a hair louder than stock" setup

Hi Guys! Me and "THE OLD LADY" have been out all day,just got back. I open this thread for KOLK1. He ask me about my dynomax sound so I gave a before & a after sound over on the"What did you to do your ECOBOOST today?" thread, So I told him that I would do a hold thread on the install.

Steve YEA! I did the job on 2 drifferent days and mist the tag the last day. When I go for the down pipe I will have to look at that but the Dynomax's were a compromise with "THE OLD LADY " I put the stock mufflers back on for road trip(about 35min to do). Yes the cabin sound is much nicer. "Annoying travelling long periods" That will not flight with "THE OLD LADY":argue:

Paul, Harbor Freigth is the BOMB I go in for 1 thing alway come out with a small basket full.LOL Next MOD money willing are track tire&wheels, downpipe,& METH. Maybe I'll go will with the SHO side vent not on the list until just a week ago but I like it more and more I thinking about it.

Last thing I do good video but "THE OLD LADY" HAD DONE ALL THE TRACK VIDEO OF MY CAR. SHE GRRRRREAT IN BED SO BAD VIDEO's IS NOT A BIG DEAL.LOL

Since where on the discuss of exhaust, today I returning my car today stock tune in preparation for dealer appointment monday. I took for spin and wasn't very impressed with its performance, but holy crap my exhaust was throaty much more then with a tune. Reason being I think stock tune takes advantage of the low engine torque of the motor doesn't down shift as easy. No biggie just thought worth mentioning.

Since where on the discuss of exhaust' date=' today I returning my car today stock tune in preparation for dealer appointment monday. I took for spin and wasn't very impressed with its performance, but holy crap my exhaust was throaty much more then with a tune. Reason being I think stock tune takes advantage of the low engine torque of the motor doesn't down shift as easy. No biggie just thought worth mentioning.[/quote']

So, I don't mean to veer this topic off course (vids are AWESOME, btw) but I can't help but notice your extensive list of mods, exactly what do de-mod off your car before taking it to the dealership? And how much time and effort are we talking in the de-mod process?

So' date=' I don't mean to veer this topic off course (vids are AWESOME, btw) but I can't help but notice your extensive list of mods, exactly what do de-mod off your car before taking it to the dealership? And how much time and effort are we talking in the de-mod process?[/quote']

I by no means have a huge amout of mods but my answer to your question would be that it depends on the dealer. I know mine said exhaust and suspension items arent an issuse to them

Based on the time I have on this board id be safely saying that most of our dealers arent pains in the asses with mods, that is until warranty work is performed on this from faulty mods (we have very few, if any mod failures). But this fact isnt new and is understandable.

My advice detune on every visit. If you have physical mods done then be honest (you dont want to lie and say have them fill your windshield wiper tank that is now meth stoarge). If they have a problem with your mods then use a different dealer.

)

That always gets me on the various car boards. i dont know why people even try to hide the plates. #1 you cant hide em when you drive. #2 there is very little public info out there in regards to searching plates.

to the OP. Nice videos. Props to you for doing that with a stock scisor jack and jack stands.

That always gets me on the various car boards. i dont know why people even try to hide the plates. #1 you cant hide em when you drive. #2 there is very little public info out there in regards to searching plates.

to the OP. Nice videos. Props to you for doing that with a stock scisor jack and jack stands.

Yes I hide the tag because I did this last MAR(2012)and this was what i saw many other do so I did it to. I was at my place and had left the floor jack at the old lady's place. So I did what I had to do TO GET THE JOB DONE.