Ecoboost Owner Forums

torque converter?

ALL automatic transmissions have a torque converter. I think you're asking about a high stall torque converter, right?

I doubt these cars as built would benefit much from a higher stall, especially something as high as 3200!!! After all the turbos are pretty well matched to the whole system. If, at some time in the future someone starts producing larger turbos for these motors, then a higher stall might be in order, but not now.

Yes a higher stall' date=' oh ok ive been emailing with a company in houston that can build me a multi disk 3200 but with that knowing I will pass on it then but do we know 100% it will hurt us? And thanks[/quote']

Yes a I believe we are 99% sure a stall convert would not benefit us, but since no one has tried I'd only give it 1% chance that it would benefit. The factory convert already stalls to 2500rpms and for us with LMS tunes is right where peak power comes in, and wheel spin is a major issue that we are trying to over come right now.

Yes a I believe we are 99% sure a stall convert would not benefit us' date=' but since no one has tried I'd only give it 1% chance that it would benefit. The factory convert already stalls to 2500rpms and for us with LMS tunes is right where peak power comes in, and wheel spin is a major issue that we are trying to over come right now.[/quote']

I see, what about doing drag radails on all 4 coners? If I end up with my sho this summer I will be ordering some 18s if not 17s if they fit from Bogart racing wheels with DR on all 4s with all the bolt ons and tune from LMS of course and shoot for the best

Been running 275/40 drag radials in front and 275/40 Invo in the rear' date=' spin all the way into third gear.[/quote']

Oh wow, but isn't that to small of a wall on that tire? My 315/35/20s wouldn't hook so had to replace them with some 275/50/17s a taller tire wall on my old 5th gen

That s a big first goal to hope fir 11's!

Most if people's first objective is to aim at breaking into the 12's!

Good luck!

I hope you dont live in Colorado lol!

Oh no I stay in Texas, Ive broken 3 of MY goals I broke 11s in a 2010 camaro ss with NO internals just bolt ons and tune, I hit deep 11s in a sierra denali and 12s in a budget build hemi ram of course those were sold due to the married life :( so tricking the wife into a SHO :) like I told her its just a taurus lol

My 19s spin like crazy, I actually hoped I would hook better with the 20's and summer tires. That said I wasnt thinking smaller wheel for larger soft sidewall. Going to try summer performance tires on the 20s, then will probably buy Mickeys when the summer tires spin just as bad :)

Many of us are hoping for 11s me included. With methanol power isnt the problem, traction for sure. That reminds me I was going to post a question on here.... I was curious if anybody tried VHT tire treatment when at the track.

The problem with drag radials is they require heat to make them stick. Without the possibility of doing a burnout...no real benefit. I'm running Nitto NT05s all around and no traction. We need to figure out a way to reduce the wheel hop. The best option I believe being the traction bar setup that FirstSHO is working on and a double adjustable front strut...

Just thinking out loud. IF you went through the water box, and then did a hard launch directly after WITH a stall(more spinning) would that possibly get enough heat to help?

I know on my camaro, running ET streets, what worked for me was spin them up to 60mph, and then let off, roll forward and do a soft launch, then pull up to the starting line. Im just not sure how much spin you can get out of the SHO to be able to get some heat in the front tires.

Performance wise im still basically stock, so I cant really help much yet.

Just thinking out loud. IF you went through the water box, and then did a hard launch directly after WITH a stall(more spinning) would that possibly get enough heat to help?

I know on my camaro, running ET streets, what worked for me was spin them up to 60mph, and then let off, roll forward and do a soft launch, then pull up to the starting line. Im just not sure how much spin you can get out of the SHO to be able to get some heat in the front tires.

Performance wise im still basically stock, so I cant really help much yet.

In theory you would think it would work. But here is why it won't, the computer will shut you down. The system only allows so much spin difference between front and rear.