Ecoboost Owner Forums

torque converter?

Anyone planning on an anti lift kit for our cars? Possibly the best suspension mod I made to my subaru. Helped alot with launching.

I havent seen this with a car, but is this the same as strapping down the front end of a motorcycle? Basically to where it stops the front end from lifting, only way it can is to physically lift the tires off the ground. You still have downward suspension travel, but no upward travel. (obviouslly a track only mod you undo before you go home)

That would help out front wheel traction a lot, if somebody were to make a setup like that.

i havent seen this with a car, but is this the same as strapping down the front end of a motorcycle? Basically to where it stops the front end from lifting, only way it can is to physically lift the tires off the ground. You still have downward suspension travel, but no upward travel. (obviouslly a track only mod you undo before you go home)

that would help out front wheel traction a lot, if somebody were to make a setup like that.

that sound like the leveling sys onthe rear of the pp car but for the front.

Oh no I stay in Texas' date=' Ive broken 3 of MY goals I broke 11s in a 2010 camaro ss with NO internals just bolt ons and tune, I hit deep 11s in a sierra denali and 12s in a budget build hemi ram of course those were sold due to the married life :( so tricking the wife into a SHO :) like I told her its just a taurus lol[/quote']

Sounds like me. I have a low 10 second Lightning hoping to get into 9's this year. I wanted a new car and sold the taurus as a nice 4 door sedan lol. Once I start working on the SHO 11's is the goal.

Yes I believe these could help. But not sure I want to jump thru all these hoops bring a generator and everything to the track. Plus there not cheap.

Tire warmers are not optimal for drag racing. Street tires are already at optimal grip levels and don't require any burnout cause its not like they get any stickier. Drag radials or slicks on the other hand do have rubber compounds made to get stickier with lots of heat( smokey burnout)

Street tires require a minimum temperature to be optimal. Over 45-50F... When drag racing, to get best times, often I go when temps are under these levels and then you need to warm them. I found that driving in the parking at 5 mph doing 8's during a minute allows the tires to warm enough without warming engine too much.

The only issue comes at night when its cold and condensation forms on the surface of the track, then it gets slippery, so the best is to follow a few cars that dried the track...

The best would be to have a track warmer!