Ecoboost Owner Forums

New SHO owner

travSHO

Hello everyone. I recently purchased a 2011 SHO and I love it. I have always been a ford guy, I have a f150 larait and a foxbody, but man...I am VERY impressed with this car. I am looking to learn more about this car and im interested in seeing what people are upgrading and how these cars are running.

:welcome: Glad that you've joined us. Hope you enjoy your time here. I think you will find that most of us have ended up purchasing a tune from Livernois Motorsports. It really will improve the performance of the car. It is the best performance improvement money you can spend. Post a photo of your car when you get the chance.

Welcome TravSHO! You mentioned being worried about the warranty after doing tunes or bolt-on mods. Many of us have felt the same way. There has been quite a bit of discussion around warranties and the impact of mods.

I recently added a Livernois tune to my ecoboost after realizing that hundreds of others have done so along with many who take their cars to the strip on a regular basis. The fact that there have been no engine failures and few if any reported problems caused by the tunes gave me the confidence to take advantage of stronger performance and better overall drivability. Fuel economy can even improve......if you can keep your foot out of it.

Bottom line is that if I break something and the breakage was caused by the tune, I will consider it MY problem. That is a risk that I am more than willing to take. The HUGE grin on my face whenever I feel the additional rush of power is more than worth the small risk to me.

Even stock, these cars run really good so you will enjoy it whether you keep it stock or decide to add some mods. Keep us posted.

brucelinc..I talked to a friend that works at the dealership i got my car and he said anything after the cats im good, so a cat back system is a go, and I think a cai has always been ok. Its really just the tune I was worried about but my buddy said "unless you come here with a rod hanging out of your block you should be ok." plus he said what you did about ALOT of people running the tune and there have been minimal failures. Some dealerships are harder on warranty work then others and i guess I lucked out.