Ecoboost Owner Forums

Anyone running 18's to be able to utilize the MT ET streets or Nitto DR's

Like bpd1151 said, brake clearance will be my issue running Wilwood big brake kit, but I am looking at trying 18x9.5 and throwing 305/45 Nitto NT05Rs on front and running 20x9.5 with Nitto 275/40 NT555Rs on the rear (because I already have them). We will see if they fit.

Oh, and I have found a possible solution to run limit straps.

Definitely need traction and control of the AWD system to get to the next level' date=' lots of guys coming out of the wood work now looking for some fast times![/quote']

Correct. Power is only one part of et. If you look at a timeslip power best relates to mph. The 60 ft is traction and the 330 is suspension. Now there are cars that backhalf cause they cant leave the line for sh** but I already see some half decent 60's on some of these slips with poor traction. You are seeing more people as these cars get a little older. God bless you if ou pay 40k for one of these. Me personally I would never buy a new car as its not worth it to me. I picked my 2010 with 36k on it for 22k.

WHERE???

For that cheap, I'd pick up another one!

Brian S.

10 Cinnamon SHO

My 2011 I bought last month with about 35k miles, I paid 25,000. And I have everything buy PP.

There were a bunch out there cheaper, BUT I wanted 20s, and NAV and 35k miles was my max. Also, a lot of them in the lower 20s, had dirty car faxes, and 2 of them I looked at were buy back cars (lemons). So had to do a ton of reseach on each vehicle, to make sure I got a clean one.

I've been thinking of running my buddies stock 5.0 mustang rims. They are 18inch and weigh prob 20-30 pounds less per rim. So saving close to 100 pounds will help out alot. Only thing is that they are alittle smaller 235s. But Im also interested in his DRs. He has some nice DRs 305s though... I dont know if that would fit the front lol

I've been thinking of running my buddies stock 5.0 mustang rims. They are 18inch and weigh prob 20-30 pounds less per rim. So saving close to 100 pounds will help out alot. Only thing is that they are alittle smaller 235s. But Im also interested in his DRs. He has some nice DRs 305s though... I dont know if that would fit the front lol

You should read some of the other forum posts..the light wheels aren't worth a thing. In fact I think they're hurting me right now...maybe if we can get the wheel hop under control they'll pan out

You should read some of the other forum posts..the light wheels aren't worth a thing. In fact I think they're hurting me right now...maybe if we can get the wheel hop under control they'll pan out

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Are there any adjustable shocks out for the new taurus application? I am new to this platform and trying to learn everything I can. I am a very experienced drag racer though and I do know we are going to need to control this power. I think you two guys have 11 second rides if you were able to dial in a suspension setup. More power will only let you backhalf the track and increase mph and a little et. If we can get these cars to hook that is where great strides in et will be found.

Are there any adjustable shocks out for the new taurus application? I am new to this platform and trying to learn everything I can. I am a very experienced drag racer though and I do know we are going to need to control this power. I think you two guys have 11 second rides if you were able to dial in a suspension setup. More power will only let you backhalf the track and increase mph and a little et. If we can get these cars to hook that is where great strides in et will be found.

There is nothing out there and I do not expect anything in the shock or strut department anytime soon as everyone I have called said there is not enough interest to develop it. Thats why I am doing what I am doing on my own.

There is nothing out there and I do not expect anything in the shock or strut department anytime soon as everyone I have called said there is not enough interest to develop it. Thats why I am doing what I am doing on my own.

I have not had the car up on a lift but from the looks of your setup you are trying to use an existing location to mount the traction bars. Is there any room to do a setup like the honda guys with a mounting bar that ties between the frame and has the traction bars come back to tie into the control arms. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1633[/ATTACH]

post-1274-14253228987_thumb.jpg

post-1274-14253228987_thumb.jpg

I have not had the car up on a lift but from the looks of your setup you are trying to use an existing location to mount the traction bars. Is there any room to do a setup like the honda guys with a mounting bar that ties between the frame and has the traction bars come back to tie into the control arms. [ATTACH=CONFIG]1633[/ATTACH]

The Honda dimensions did not fit, but I did incorporate another setup that did with some modifications and welding the mounting brackets to the frame.

The Honda dimensions did not fit' date=' but I did incorporate another setup that did with some modifications and welding the mounting brackets to the frame.[/quote']1ST-SHO I was reading this http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf honda post on FWD traction control bar. I'm old and old school(55yrs)!!!LOL I've always love racing but I am not a mechanic. So I know how RWD TAC BAR work but new to FWD BAR. Your thread on your new trac bar have connection to the anti-roll-bar but the HONDA does not? Can you do a "HOW IT/THEY WORK" tread. Thanks

1ST-SHO I was reading this http://www.full-race.com/articles/traction_bars.pdf honda post on FWD traction control bar. I'm old and old school(55yrs)!!!LOL I've always love racing but I am not a mechanic. So I know how RWD TAC BAR work but new to FWD BAR. Your thread on your new trac bar have connection to the anti-roll-bar but the HONDA does not? Can you do a "HOW IT/THEY WORK" tread. Thanks

On my thread I have both traction bars and end links shown. The end links replace the sway bar stock end links to strengthen that setup. If you look at the other pic you will see the traction bars are tied into the frame and the lower control arm. I have new pics I have not posted yet of the bracket welded to the frame.

The honda setup would not work because of its location and overall dimensions, but the traction bar setup I installed is for another Japanese car and with some modifications worked very well.