Ecoboost Owner Forums

Interesting comparison, SHO Vs E-Class Merc

gregoire

Long read, but objective for sure.

Enjoyable, and some of the comments posted by various readers afterwards, were interesting as well.

Nice (or in some cases, NOT so nice) perspectives from other consumers / owners out there in the real world.

Thanks for posting.

For the record, I'd still easily pick the SHO, or the MKS over the lowest grade MB any day. For a multitude of reasons.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Nice!

I am helping my dad to shop for his next car... He has Infiniti G37X and wants a bit bigger, still AWD... So, naturally I suggested the SHO, but we were looking at cars and found a 2012 Audi A7 3.0T with 30,000 miles on it for the same price as a 2013 brand new SHO... At that point, I have to incline and I would choose the Audi. (New SHO is 53K$ and the used Audi is 57K$).

Nice!

I am helping my dad to shop for his next car... He has Infiniti G37X and wants a bit bigger, still AWD... So, naturally I suggested the SHO, but we were looking at cars and found a 2012 Audi A7 3.0T with 30,000 miles on it for the same price as a 2013 brand new SHO... At that point, I have to incline and I would choose the Audi. (New SHO is 53K$ and the used Audi is 57K$).

Hmmm I'd go used SHO over that Audi, he'd be spending half of what he is spending on the Audi.

Yeah I wouldn't go Audi or any other german car for that mater, not because I don't like them. I love them I have had several, but the maintenance on them is very expensive and they require it. Steve if your dad does go the audi route find out at what milage is the timing belt need to be changed. This service at my friends garage is over $3000 and I am sure even more up there at the dealer.