Ecoboost Owner Forums

MyFord Touch Update Available

racerx78

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no control and no music, Bluetooth phone, navigation. Climate i can still use the buttons we have to put the system in Auto or turn the fan up and down, and using the small right lcd in the gauge cluster i can see what the temp is currently setup. I still have access to remote start, parking assist just with no video.

And........ Its Bricked!! Even though the i had the car set to "ON" and not "ACCY" it went to battery saver mode and shut the car off in the middle of the update.

You clearly didn't follow the directions. Sorry. but you have to let the car run the entire time for this exact reason. Took me about 45 minutes start to finish.

Before you start, the voice and text state to start the car and let it run, not just accesory mode or on.

I didn't hear it say that and just assume this update would go like it did last time. Lesson learned' date=' its at the dealership right now so i can probably get a new APIM.[/quote']

My bad. Didn't mean it to sound so harsh. More of an FYI for anyone who attempts this to make sure and keep the car running. Good luck. Hope they get you fixed up.

I have a 2013 with MFT. Ordered the SD card and it arrived the next day. The update took about 45 minutes and now the system is much faster to respond than the version I had on it which was 3.0.2. I somehow missed the 3.2 update. I was not very displeased with the version I had, but it was annoying to use at times because of the bugginess.

I appreciate the Nav menu changes and especially now being able to display the outside temp on the main screen. One bug I noticed on the earlier version was the unusable space bar when naming favorite destinations which appears to be fixed. I'm pleased with it overall although the improvements are subtle.

I Believe the only way to get voice command to change the screen is when asking it to navigate you some where. Beyond that it will not change what screen your own. At least not from what i've seen. I've used voice command for the climate control, media and phone and the only time it changes the screen it to change it to navigation.

I did my 3.5 upgrade on the 7th. Today while driving home from church my screen gave a fatal error message and said it needed to shut down. Ive tried shutting the car down and nothing. Wish I would have left well enough alone!! I followed the instructions to the letter with the instal too. It took me about 45 minutes to do and was nice to just go out for a drive while it updated. Anyone else have this problem? Should I take the thumb drive with the 3.5 out, plug it in again and see what happens?

I did my 3.5 upgrade on the 7th. Today while driving home from church my screen gave a fatal error message and said it needed to shut down. Ive tried shutting the car down and nothing. Wish I would have left well enough alone!! I followed the instructions to the letter with the instal too. It took me about 45 minutes to do and was nice to just go out for a drive while it updated. Anyone else have this problem? Should I take the thumb drive with the 3.5 out' date=' plug it in again and see what happens?[/quote']

I'd try pulling fuse for or disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

This is just a bummer. Sorry to hear of your plight.

I did my 3.5 upgrade on the 7th. Today while driving home from church my screen gave a fatal error message and said it needed to shut down. Ive tried shutting the car down and nothing. Wish I would have left well enough alone!! I followed the instructions to the letter with the instal too. It took me about 45 minutes to do and was nice to just go out for a drive while it updated. Anyone else have this problem? Should I take the thumb drive with the 3.5 out' date=' plug it in again and see what happens?[/quote']

Ok, so here's the deal... Called My touch SYNC support this morning and told them what happened. They told me to take it to a dealer and have them uninstall everything and re-install 3.5. So I did this and after the dealer brought the car back up to the service drive, I sat there for a moment to re-sync my phone to the cars blue tooth. The screen went black again with the same serious error message. So the dealer sent the FORD engineers a work request explaining the whole thing to them. Meanwhile, I'm driving a 2013 TAURUS limited as a loaner. I'm thinking mayby I got a lemmon computer or somthing?? I really wish I would have never updated, but then again, that's somthing that would drive me nutz NOT doing. I'll keep y'all posted. I hope no one else has this problem. FYI, the service manager has not seen this problem before.

I'm sorry for you trouble, but be happy i had to be in a Chrysler 200 for almost a week. That was....some thing.

I don't think you got a lemon, i just think the APIM is real touchy, and unlike a phone or a computer where if it fails in the middle of it updating you can just wipe it and start over. the sync APIM just becomes a brick. Atleast its a known issue and ford is standing behind it.

I don't think you got a lemon, i just think the APIM is real touchy, and unlike a phone or a computer where if it fails in the middle of it updating you can just wipe it and start over. the sync APIM just becomes a brick. Atleast its a known issue and ford is standing behind it.

I'm hoping your right. The service manager did mention the APIM your talking about. But my loaner limited is slowwww!!

Ok, just got the SHO back. They had to replace the "Module - Interface" Part number 19A387. I'm not sure if thats the APIM that racerx was talking about but it all seems to be good now. When I looked up the part number it seems to have somthing to do with the phone. That kinda makes sense because I got the black screen of death during 2 seperate phone calls.

Well it happened again yesterday. the screen went black and a message box popped up again... "desktop.exe has encountered a serious error and must shut down". I have figured out that this happens whenever I'm on the phone. I have since un-synced my phone from the car and seems to work ok now. I called FORD back and told them its happening when I'm on the phone. (I'm using an IPhone 4) They are emailing the engineers again. ...FORD just called me back and want the car. They want the dealer to test some other circuits, not sure what yet. I'll keep you posted. This has to be an isolated incident (thankfully) because no one on this forum is having the same issue???

Yup, I haven't had a problem with it before either. No problem in the wifes fusion either. Wasn't til the 3.5 update. I asked FORD (the dealer) how long we were gonna screw around with this before they just replace the unit. They said FORD would send out an engineer if they cannot fix it in house. I can appreciate that they want to get it figured out in case it pops up in someone elses car but enough is about enough. Take the unit out and replace it. They can disect and trouble shoot the unit in their shop instead of continuously inconviencing the customer.