Ecoboost Owner Forums

A Clunk while under mild acceleration.

2013 SHO

Livernois Tuner

Livernois Exhaust downpipes

CAI (airraid?)

~4000 miles.

When under mild acceleration from a stop a clunk/thud is heard seems to be from the right rear. Not metalic sounding. Took the tune off of it still occurs, dealership is going to remove the exhaust downpipes as they think it is that, ?baffle of some form rattling? We have 2 other cars with the exact same setup with no problems any ideas? Dealership is arguing the tune caused it, I sorta doubt it due to the location of the noise. I placed a call to Rick still waiting on a response.

This is not a complaint in anyway shape or form just trying to look for possible ideas as to the cause. Thanks.

2013 SHO

Livernois Tuner

Livernois Exhaust downpipes

CAI (airraid?)

~4000 miles.

When under mild acceleration from a stop a clunk/thud is heard seems to be from the right rear. Not metalic sounding. Took the tune off of it still occurs, dealership is going to remove the exhaust downpipes as they think it is that, ?baffle of some form rattling? We have 2 other cars with the exact same setup with no problems any ideas? Dealership is arguing the tune caused it, I sorta doubt it due to the location of the noise. I placed a call to Rick still waiting on a response.

This is not a complaint in anyway shape or form just trying to look for possible ideas as to the cause. Thanks.

Hi Ben,

Did you leave me a VM? I checked and don't have any missed calls or a VM from you.

Is there any way you can ge a video of the sound. I'm curious, but it's hard to say without any reference or without seeing it in person.

Thank you,

Rick

Dealership is arguing the tune caused it, I sorta doubt it due to the location of the noise.

Hmmm, seems like the dealership is looking for any easy out to break the warranty, I agree with you, I don't see any way the tune could have caused the clunk. But without hearing it or looking at the car, it's really hard to even guess what the problem could be since sometimes sound will travel and it will seem to come from someplace other then where it is really coming from. Good luck on finding it, please keep us updated as this progresses.

Rick, I did leave a voicemail, not a big deal.

I will see if we can get a video of it to help diagnose it.

I couldn’t get it to happen under hard acceleration or braking. We restored the tune to stock and wow what a difference in power, but it still happened. I am wondering is it possible that part of the exhaust or downpipes could have a baffle loose or something that would be shifting under mild exhaust flow?

I am guessing it is something relating to the install as this car was the first to have the exhaust installed and we have 2 other sho's identical to it without a problem.

I think the dealer will be ok working with us on it, losing our business would hurt I would think, (the owners also own a semi dealership where all of our work for our semis are done and we bought 4 ford from them and 3 other people bought from them right after us because of our recommendation, we have a fairly large network of farmers that use their services and buy vehicles from them, and they have been generally been great to work with, FORD would be hard on them would be the problem)

Rick, I did leave a voicemail, not a big deal.

I will see if we can get a video of it to help diagnose it.

I couldn’t get it to happen under hard acceleration or braking. We restored the tune to stock and wow what a difference in power, but it still happened. I am wondering is it possible that part of the exhaust or downpipes could have a baffle loose or something that would be shifting under mild exhaust flow?

I am guessing it is something relating to the install as this car was the first to have the exhaust installed and we have 2 other sho's identical to it without a problem.

I think the dealer will be ok working with us on it, losing our business would hurt I would think, (the owners also own a semi dealership where all of our work for our semis are done and we bought 4 ford from them and 3 other people bought from them right after us because of our recommendation, we have a fairly large network of farmers that use their services and buy vehicles from them, and they have been generally been great to work with, FORD would be hard on them would be the problem)

Sorry about that, I'm not sure why I didn't get it.

It's possible that the exhaust or downpipe has a loose baffle. It's not common, but not unheard of. If this is the case, let us know and we can get it taken care of.

Thank you,

Rick