Ecoboost Owner Forums

2015 Taurus

I haven't seen much talk on here about the subject so I thought I would bring it up. I tried doing a little bit of searching and the only thing I could really find is the rumor that the re-design is likely to be in 2015 and may be based off an extended Fusion platform. Has anyone else heard anything else? I would love to see the HP numbers break the 400 mark on the SHO, which we all know they are more than capable of doing, and come with the beefier internals of the F150 3.5L. Obviously, my wishful thinking would also like to see a rear-wheel bias system on the AWD but I know that's not likely to happen.

There is a MAJOR redesign coming for 2015. That intel is solid.

From the people at Ford I have spoken with, I highly doubt you'll see one leaving the factory at, or above 400hp.

Something about the big wigs from the various, National Insurance Agencies wouldn't approve of Ford marketing the car as a "family sedan" if it had anything at that HP mark, or above it.

That's just what I heard. Not sure if that'll hold true, or not.

But other than that, seems most other details have been kept under wraps.

Oh yea, the Taurus will no longer be built in Chicago (beginning in 2015). That's really the only other thing I've heard definitively.

I sure hope they don't shrink the Taurus to a Fusion size platform. I like the Taurus in the size it is now. Also, I would think that a smaller platform car would be less attractive to law enforcement agencies, since I know space is a problem in some cruisers, I know that a fair amount of the cruisers I've used don't have much room for seat adjustment, even some of the Crown Vics, because of the shield behind the seat takes up a fair amount of room.

I think the plan is to stretch the new Fusion platform and it would be the basis for the Taurus and Lincoln MKS in 2015. The current Taurus and MKS have been criticized by some for not having as much room inside as you would expect considering their overall size. Also, the 2013 Fusion is on a 112 inch wheelbase - about the same as the current Taurus.

I sure hope they don't shrink the Taurus to a Fusion size platform. I like the Taurus in the size it is now. Also' date=' I would think that a smaller platform car would be less attractive to law enforcement agencies, since I know space is a problem in some cruisers, I know that a fair amount of the cruisers I've used don't have much room for seat adjustment, even some of the Crown Vics, because of the shield behind the seat takes up a fair amount of room.[/quote']

The Police Taurus and Explorers will still be built at Chicago.

The Police Taurus and Explorers will still be built at Chicago.

There is a separate facility, located just East of the CAP that is referred to as the the "Police Upfitting Facility".

It's name is TDM & it's a subsidiary of FMC.

Although I agree on the Explorers part, I am going to double check your claims of the Police Pkg Taurus still being produced at the CAP.

As it stands currently, the Taurus, once assembled on the production line, then goes directly (and separately) to the TDM facility for Police Pkg Conversion / Upgrading.

Therefore, I believe you may be incorrect, but I will place an inquiry to confirm.

Perhaps in the interim, crash712us can shed more details on this subject matter.

:noidea:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I sure hope they don't shrink the Taurus to a Fusion size platform. I like the Taurus in the size it is now. Also' date=' I would think that a smaller platform car would be less attractive to law enforcement agencies, since I know space is a problem in some cruisers, I know that a fair amount of the cruisers I've used don't have much room for seat adjustment, even some of the Crown Vics, because of the shield behind the seat takes up a fair amount of room.[/quote']

My dept went with the explorer and the new Chevy caprice PPV. They didn't like the visibility out the back on the Taurus.

I remember reading that Ford read the forums and supposedly listened to owners when coming up with the 2013 changes so here are a few i would like to see on a new one. This is a small thing but I hope they put a decent dead pedal or spot to plant your left foot. I never feel like my left leg gets completely comfortable, mainly bothers me on longer trips. Instead of going straight back to a good spot it curves in toward the pedals and my foot and leg don't ever seem to rest completely comfortable. Anyone else notice this? I would also like to have bigger cup holders, good luck putting 2 big gulps side by side, and more storage room in the center console, barely even fit a compact pistol in the current one.

There is a separate facility, located just East of the CAP that is referred to as the the "Police Upfitting Facility".

It's name is TDM & it's a subsidiary of FMC.

Although I agree on the Explorers part, I am going to double check your claims of the Police Pkg Taurus still being produced at the CAP.

As it stands currently, the Taurus, once assembled on the production line, then goes directly (and separately) to the TDM facility for Police Pkg Conversion / Upgrading.

Therefore, I believe you may be incorrect, but I will place an inquiry to confirm.

Perhaps in the interim, crash712us can shed more details on this subject matter.

:noidea:

I am also a Ford Motor Company employee. Your confusing an upfitting, To the assembly of the vehicle(s). Currently CAP builts Explorer, Exp-PI, Taurus, T-PI and MKS. Axe 2 of them and your left with 3. ;)

Its my understanding the cars will be built at both facilities, CAP and FRAP. As to PI's I don't know if we at FRAP will be sharing in building them. I do know we are adding to our facility a area to install accessories on cars like remote starts and such. I don't know much about this new area right now, as it being a new area there are great deal of unknowns about at this time and info has been limited.

How all this fits in with our current production of the Mustang and also sharing in the build of the new fusion with Hermosillo, I don't know. It does look like we will be extremely busy at FRAP. Also Ford will be launching the new a Mustang in 2015 to boot.

Which will see the ecoboost engine for the 1st time as well, sounds like it will be a real screamer in the new Mustang as Ford is working reducing the weight of the Mustang down to 2750lbs so this combination of weight and power should prove formidable.

Its my understanding the cars will be built at both facilities, CAP and FRAP. As to PI's I don't know if we at FRAP will be sharing in building them. I do know we are adding to our facility a area to install accessories on cars like remote starts and such. I don't know much about this new area right now, as it being a new area there are great deal of unknowns about at this time and info has been limited.

How all this fits in with our current production of the Mustang and also sharing in the build of the new fusion with Hermosillo, I don't know. It does look like we will be extremely busy at FRAP. Also Ford will be launching the new a Mustang in 2015 to boot.

Which will see the ecoboost engine for the 1st time as well, sounds like it will be a real screamer in the new Mustang as Ford is working reducing the weight of the Mustang down to 2750lbs so this combination of weight and power should prove formidable.

DANGIT now i'm gonna have to trade the sho for the new mustang with ecoboost (best of both worlds)!!!!!!!!

Ours went with the Taurus .... Everyone of them have squeaky brakes' date=' very bad.[/quote']

Several years ago, the CEO for Mercedes was asked about MB's noisy brakes, and why they were not quiet like the U.S. cars. He answered, with words to the effect, ours are noisy and stop the car. The U.S. brakes are quiet, and don't stop very well.

I have been impressed with the stopping power and the feel of the 2013 brakes. I am still bedding them in, but they do feel like they will do the job when needed, but without the squeaks.

I am also a Ford Motor Company employee. You're confusing an upfitting.

No problem (and VERY glad to have you here).

My original reply to you, simply said that I would place an inquiry to confirm your claims.

As I understood it, all Taurii were to be built at the facility that crash712us works at (beginning 2015).....

I too am interested in finding out more, and learning what will be built where :thumb:

• 1 month later...
I am hearing more definitive grumblings about a 3.7 liter twin turbo power plant coming out for 2015 with Horsepower ratings at the motor to be in the mid 400's!

Sweet Jesus :eek:

bpd here is a 3.7L 400hp but not ford's EB. http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/03/18/2014-cadillac-cts-to-get-gm-first-twin-turbocharged-v6/ A different forum was talking about Ford up-grading there 3.7L But the block of the 3.7L is a drill out 3.5L making unsuited for ecoboosting. Just what I read.

Ford can get a lot more power out of the 3.5 ecoboost - just look what the aftermarket tuners have done. They really don't need to use the 3.7. One reason they have not offered more power is because the current 6F55 transmission is pretty much at it's design limit (from Ford's conservative perspective) with the current power levels.

They are supposedly working on an 8 speed automatic and I am betting that it will be robust enough to handle the ecoboost with more HP and torque.