Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 PP First Time At Track not as fast as I thought I would be...

duke70301

I didnt do as good as I thought I would ....Temp was 50 degrees kinda humid. First pass was my best Pass 13.11@104.4 with a 1.902 60ft the next 3 were 13.3 @ 102.8..These passes were all made with 28 lbs of air traction control off. Seems like it was spinning a little off line and a few times into second gear..Seems like my mph is off for my mods..I do have a dtc code that keeps apearing even pre tune p2098. Which is a post cat bank 2 lean...I am taking tune out and bringing to dealer ship. Its probaly bad wide band wire or bad oxgen sensor. I also wonder if Eibach just in rear is hurting me?

What are exactly your mods and what elevation is the track?

I'll analyze it all with more info.

Was there wind too?

Thanks

HA DUKE,STEVE is My "MASTER-JEDI-OF-SPEED" IF you do the thing he say to do he will make you faster. Best time no tune no steve 13.79sec at97deg(HOT ATLANTA) w/LMS NO Steve 13.2sec 95deg, w/LMS w/Steve 13.04sec 95deg and 12.669sec 59deg. The fastest tune only car in the club or on youtube :first::jaw::bolt:,He really can help!!!!!!!:director:MASTER:hail:JEDI:laser:OF:car::bolt:SPEED.LOL:RpS_thumbsup:

At one time I ran 13.11. At the time I had LMS Stage 4, Eibachs, Exhaust and it was 90'+ and humid.

How well did you prep the car? Tank 1/8-1/4 range? Spare out? All misc crap out? The aerodynamics of a lower front end have been discussed. That said I think the stiffness of aftermarket springs helps more then the actual lowering. A PP car is quicker at first and quicker with just a tune, add springs to a non-pp car and they even out.

My OP is since you have PP springs in front and Eibachs in back your not loosing much. Weight, wind, DA, staging position (were you shallow staged?) could have all been factors.

Oh yeah and CAI sensor. Your run off the street was prob your fastest because of that CAI sensor. Between runs you can lift your hood, or even put ice on it. I plugged my mycal into Jan 1 20' and it was reading air temp at 115'.

When staging did you stop as SOON as the 2nd light turned on (shallow stage)? That is how you run for ET. In some cases when bracket racing or facing off against faster cars you can gain an advantage by pulling forward until the 1st lights go out (deep stage). A deep stage will get you a head start but will lower ET, and raise the chance of a red light. For T&T I always stay as shallow in the stage box as I can.

I didnt do as good as I thought I would ....Temp was 50 degrees kinda humid. First pass was my best Pass 13.11@104.4 with a 1.902 60ft the next 3 were 13.3 @ 102.8..These passes were all made with 28 lbs of air traction control off. Seems like it was spinning a little off line and a few times into second gear..Seems like my mph is off for my mods..I do have a dtc code that keeps apearing even pre tune p2098. Which is a post cat bank 2 lean...I am taking tune out and bringing to dealer ship. Its probaly bad wide band wire or bad oxgen sensor. I also wonder if Eibach just in rear is hurting me?

Sounds about right accounting for the humidity and your current mods.

Here is my non pp with the only mods at the time last April being the LMS 4+ tune and Air raid. Stock 20" radials 1/2 tank of gas with spare and jack intact weighed in at 4558lbs with traction control on. My 60' was a 2.031, No springs but no humidity either was in the upper 40s to low 50's.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBy5drWy6U

Awe......

Isn't that cute......

Steve, the "Master Jedi"......

Sounds like he's got himself a forums stalker :RpS_wub:

:bolt:

YES AND YOUR CAR IS THE PRINCESS LEIA:drama: OF PRETTY-NESS (LOL) AND IS TO PRETTY TOBE FAST!!!!!! (YOUR 12.2SEC vs 1stSHO,DARREL&STEVE ARE12.0SEC) IS 2TENTH's OF TO PRETTY!!!!!! PRINCESS LEIA with her all white and black guns (ha was I talking about your car or the movie they both were the same colors) AND YOU DID JUST WIN THE TCCA COTM CONTEST. I didn't try to win after PRINCESS LEIA WAS IN IT.LOL LOVE YOUR CAR MY FRIEND!!!!!

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/80-car-month-submissions-voting/174827-february-car-month-submissions.html#post1732436

I been drag and bracket racing my whole life...I dont deep stage..i just figured my mph would was off with my mods.. Mph usually shows ur horsepower 60ft show your torque..
One other thing about my car, at the track scale it wt was 4165+ me 4385lb I'm about 200lb liter than every body in the club. The only factory option is 12S PP sportpack, I order it striped like that just to go fast.

Here is my non pp with the only mods at the time last April being the LMS 4+ tune and Air raid. Stock 20" radials 1/2 tank of gas with spare and jack intact weighed in at 4558lbs with traction control on. My 60' was a 2.031' date=' No springs but no humidity either was in the upper 40s to low 50's.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZBy5drWy6U[/quote']

New England dragway baby!!! We need to meet up sometime up there this season!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...