Ecoboost Owner Forums

Cracked wheel?

Has anyone ever had a stock wheel crack? Ever since I bought this car right before xmas, the front right tire would go low and set off the tpms. Did it about every week and a half. Took it to 3 different tire shops to have it looked at over the course of 2 months ( due to back surgery I can't climb under the car or get it jacked up very easily) plus its freezing. They wetted down the tire and looked at it pretty thoroughly each time. Finally, Thursday when it did it again on my way to work and I stopped at a shop to get it checked the tech put the car on the lift and after looking for awhile said I found it! your wheel is cracked. The dealership I bought the car from wont do anything ( even though I have been contacting them to explain the situation since 3 days after taking delivery)and admits the wheel may have been cracked. Luckily 3ponies has a spare rim I am buying from him Sunday. I am going to make the dealership swap the tire and tpms over for free (salesman said they will do that at least) or he is gonna be pissed as well. I have bought my last 4 fords from this dealership.

They said they will swap the tire and tpms sensor over to the new wheel for free.Gee thanks. After they are done I'm done with them.

Make sure to make the management of the dealership aware of your feelings, so that someone with authority is aware of how you feel and also of how many cars you and family/friends have purchased and you will be telling them of their (the dealership) lack of support you have gotten with this problem.

why don't you contact ford customer care? I assumed they were useless, but when I contacted Lincoln care about a leaking head light that I had, and the dealer said it wasn't covered, Lincoln care took care of it and contacted the dealer and had the dealer authorize it as warranty work. Ford saved a customer by doing that.

Thanks Alot 3 ponies for the beautiful replacement wheel for the cracked one on my sho. Nice little highway drive to meet ya and grab it. Thanks bud.

You are very welcome. I just wish the wind cill was't like zero so we could have shared car inspections and war stories :)! Good luck and I am sure that wheel will be great for you. Keep me posted on the swap out.

Rick

Says on the contract under wear items not covered : wheels' date=' brakes etc. etc. and it was Reynolds ford Rick.[/quote']

Are you it says wheels? Not tires?

I can't imagine that a wheel could EVER be considered a wear item...

Other than seeing paint or chrome pealing off a wheel, they don't wear out.

Brian S.

10 Cinnamon SHO

The first item listed is wheels, but i am going to call them. The dealership is footing the bill to swap it all out tomorrow, i will let you guys know how it goes.I am going to do some experimenting with the cracked wheel (color wise) I may research having it fixed first tho, as the PP sho has no spare.I havent been into the spare tire well yet is there anything in there? Jack , etc.