Ecoboost Owner Forums

Scrming's Over the Top ST Build...

Love it! Yep' date=' you're going to needs some good performance mods, because that car is putting out bad ass vibes![/quote']

Thanks! Yeah, right now just Cobb 93 Octane tune and Cobb springs... need to get the ST back on the Dyno... While not huge HP, the 2.0 EB with the tune should be over 300 ft/lbs to the ground! Looking at an intake and possibly upgrading the intercooler...

Wild and outrageous. I love it! Super job.

Thanks!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see the execution turned out so well! Drop the flag and clock this beast already!

Thanks!!!

Yeah, waiting patiently for the track to open! Last year it was in the 70's. this time of year... was in the 20's last weekend and now they are predicting more SNOW... UGH!!!

So we are all familiar with stock resonator.... well, here is mine... yep, was at MRT today and we whacked it out.

IMG_0016.JPG

Thing about the stock resonator is the chamber in the middle of it... you can see the area where the heat has changed the color of the resonator.... I'm not an exhaust expert but my understanding is that a chamber like that is NOT GOOD on on a turbo..

So... we replaced it with:

IMG_0020.JPG

This resonator does not have a camber in it like the stock one... We just test clamped it in first...

IMG_0017.JPG

Made a short video... unfortunately not my best effort... was very windy today! Plus my normal Test Driver wasn't available... LOL!

[video=youtube;zhJD_AU-Lac]

As for the results...

In-Cabin sound appears to be unaltered!

Exterior sound... about the same volume, at idle or light throttle maybe hair quieter and deeper... At WOT, the sound is a bit more "rough"... not as refined... a little bit more raw sound. Also seemed to notice a bit more gurgle on decel... Now I don't consider the changes bad, just different...

Performance... Ok, i hate commenting on performance without some actual data.. the placebo effect with cars can be very powerful... LOL! That being said, the new resonator seem to me to make the car a bit more responsive... throttle felt a bit snappier... In 2nd gear it seems like it was a LOT easier to spin the tires. After the swap i was surprised how easy the tires were spinning, even though I was on the same road/pavement earlier in the day when the temps were COLDER! Again, just my casual observations...

The new unit looks fitting to the new & improved ST. Definite improvement in sound' date=' bass-ier. Surely you gained some torque, every little bit counts![/quote']

Thanks!

Putting the ST on the dyno on Saturday. Unfortunately won't have a true before / after... BUT at least I'll know where I'm at now! LOL!

Thanks!

Putting the ST on the dyno on Saturday. Unfortunately won't have a true before / after... BUT at least I'll know where I'm at now! LOL!

Excited to see what you put down. I myself just bought a ST last week.(traded in the SHO) Missed standard and Hatch got a really good deal on a ST2.