Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP - 2 weeks old

83racecrew

Hi, I'm Eric and I just picked up my 2013 SHO.

Nice place you guys are cultivating here. Browsing has answered a lot of questions so far, especially about wheels and tires (Summer only tires in Michigan, really Ford?). Contemplating a 2nd set for winter along with adding a CAI and LMS tune.

I prefer to race in circles, but stop light to stop light can be very entertaining. This is my first blue oval since my '86 mustang GT, so far so good.

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Congrats on the purchase of your '13 SHO!

We look forward to hearing about your experiences, as well as any mods that may end u performing.

Please contribute where you feel you may, and in the interim, please enjoy all the info posted here thus far. :thumb:

Great bunch of helpful members here, as well as a small, but outstanding group of EBOF Supporting Vendors.

Enjoy!

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome aboard!

To aappreciate the car fully, you need summer tires. To protect yourself fully in the winter in Chicago, all season tires are not good enough, you need winter tires. So for me, with a non PP car, all season tires were useless and I ended up having to buy two sets... So you are lucky, you are savinge a 1,000$!

As for the spare, I always remove mine. Trunk is bigger and car is 40 lbs lighter... In 20 years of driving, with an avg of 16k miles per year (320,000 miles), I needed a spare only once... So, if I get a flat tire on day, I agree laying a towing... The 80$ will be worth the advantages I feel not having a spare in the trunk... : ) Everything is relative!

Cheers!

Welcome for the"SHO-OFF THE SOUTH" group. We had a week long ice and snow 2wk after getting my(w/PP)car. It was great even with summer tires. But we have had 1wk of snow&ice in the last 3yrs(HOT ATLANTA)LOL But summer tires don't last long. So I'm going to 2set also. Allseason for DD, HANDKOOK for track I run autocross & drag. So 2sets tires still works best here in the hot south. One again WELCOME to EBOF.

... In 20 years of driving' date=' with an avg of 16k miles per year (320,000 miles), I needed a spare only once... ![/quote']

Now you went and did it! Make sure you tell us when that number grows to two, prolly before the end of the month if the rule works as expected. LOL

As for me, i will most likely ride out the summer only untill they wear out. then replace with some high quality all season. In st louis, we get 1-2 snows of 3+ inches a year, and 2-3 dustings. Cant justify winter only, but enogh that summer only will get me killed.

i know that all seasons are an extreme comprimise, but an extra set of wheels for all seasons just seems like a waste.

You got that right goblues, except for the 4" we got this weekend in STL. I surely don't need winter ones as my SHO is spoiled. At the hint of bad weather, my trusty back up Mopar comes out not because it does better, hardly the case but as goblues would agree the people in STL see snow lately they go beserk & I don't want anybody sliding into my baby & Eric my last Ford before the SHO & I hate to admit I actually bought one was a '74 Mustang II. Now that was a piece of work I'm sure Ford would rather forget.

MikeV

Welcome! Lots of info on the site. I just picked my '13 up two weeks ago, and I am debating the addition of full winter tires. It has been a really mild winter this year with very little snow. The day time temps have been in the 30's, 40's and 50's for the most part (now we will have blizzard - shouldn't have said anything!). I had 18" Blizzaks on the SVT bullet wheels for my Mustang, which are great especially when the temps drop below 40. They really come into their own the colder it gets. But, the wheels do not fit the SHO, so I will sell those first and then decide. We have a Jeep GC, so the SHO will stay parked if the "big one" hits.

I purchased 18" with all season tires.... Had to retire my beater car.... Its been snowing ever since the SHO has been out of storage.....lol

Sent from my RM-824_nam_att_101 using Board Express

Hey Mac,

What tires and wheels did you get? I traded the 2010 I had at the convention for a 2013 and the 17" wheels I bought for the 2010 won't fit.

John