Ecoboost Owner Forums

Driving to florida in March 2,500 miles round trip...take the SHO or rent a car

I love the drive from st Louis to Orlando. have done it prolly 15 times. I really want to take the SHO. BUT. There will be 3 kids 11,11, and 5 in the back seat.

I am a clean freak, and 3 girls in the back for that long = a lot of foot scuffs on the seat, and BEACH SAND.

Wife actually wants to rent a mini van for $450ish.

I am so torn. Want to drive the SHO, but wish the wife and kids would drive down in their own car :)

what say you all?

I say rent the van. If you don't you will be cringing every time they break out the food & drink. The SHO is great on a trip. I went 1800 mi round trip from Albany to Indy a year ago. One day straight shot going and one day straight shot back. Super comfort and great mileage. But I had no sticky finger kids to make me crazy.

I'm with all the other guys, if you take the SHO and the kids/wife spill something or get the SHO dirty/sandy/hogged up, it will ruin your vacation. Rent the van and have a great vacation knowing the SHO is home sleeping, safe and sound (and clean) waiting for your return. Then when you get home, look at the inside of the van, you'll know you made the right decision.

I'm driving from northern IL to Venice, FL in 2 weeks with just the wife. I have been mulling over the same issue, but have settled on the SHO. I bought this great car to enjoy not store. Sirius, Sirius Travel Link, massaging heated/cooled seats, ACC, the SHO's got it all. Last rental van I had was a 20,000 mile dirty, worn out Chrysler.

You bought it to drive...take the SHO.

I think you bought the SHO to enjoy it. I'm not sure you'll enjoy worrying about it or spoiling the trip by scolding the kids.

Besides, 3 across the back seat gets tight after an hour or so. Take the van! Get a dvd player with headphones and you'll ride in tranquility. We travel with our 3 boys all the time (ages 8,7,3) and they all respect cars, but I also respect them. They trash our Navigator L on every long trip... and then they help clean it all out when we're back home. Sedans are great for 2 back seat passengers, but anything more and the 3rd row becomes priceless!

Thinking about it' date=' you should come to Livernois track event this summer and drive to Detroit by yourself and at the track with us! Much more fun than driving to Disney... Imo[/quote']

+1 I'd be up for that drive from St. Louis.

I say rent the van, less worries while on vacation is always a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...