Ecoboost Owner Forums

Embroidered Headrest

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My opinion would be match the logo to the color of the car or if you have the Miko suede inserts' date=' match that up.[/quote']

Just as a point you can't get the Miko inserts in the Candy Red car. I was thinking of getting it done in charcoal, so that it wouldn't be really outstanding, but I also think doing it in red would look great.

I have been trying to remove the headrest cover for an hour today. It seems the opening is too small to fit over the non-forgiving foam pad. Unless I open some of the stitching I cannot get the covers off..unless someone else has any ideas. I may look into an upholsterer, have them open up the the headrest.

Good news, I took the headrest to a local upolstry shop that charged me $2.00 to remove the leather covers off the headrest without cutting any of the stitching. I just dropped the headrest off to get them embroidered today. The embroidery should be completed Monday ( they are working on team jerseys and can't get to it until then) I will post photos upon completion. FYI, the leather covers are a little more flexible than you think, watching the guy remove by compressing the foam with his hands and knees, made it look simple to remove. Let's see how simple it will be to put back on. I guess an additional $2.00 to put back on would be a good investment.

Any one interested in getting embroidery done let me know. You will have to remove the headrest covers (warning, they are a PITA. Putting back on was a lot easier) should be around $10.00 per cover (plus shipping for anyone out of state) just PM me and we can work out details.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks great.

Just a quick note from my Headrest assy days,

Once you open the close off access you can usually use a vacuum and attach it to the foam and it will suck down the foam considerably to make it much easier to get the covers off, it may not work during disassembly but it makes assembly very easy. In fact all the GM headrest we assembled we used a thin bag, like what you find at a produce section of the grocery market, put it over the foam, apply vacuum to the bottom of the headrest, hold bag around vacuum nozzle to create suction seal and the bag would suck it down very quickly making it really easy to install covers, remove vacuum adjust fit and trim off extra bag material, close covers and done. I maybe trying this myself.

Archived