Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tire opinions

Hi all, I have a non PP 2010 SHO with 20's and need to replace the OEM Michelin's. Just wanted to get some opinions an anyone who has gone with a different brand. Reading the reviews from people on the tire sites does not really help cause one person will love the tire and the other will say it was the worst purchase they made and they are driving totally different size cars. So it would only make sense to see if you guys were satisfied with not going OEM. I do realize that everyone has a personal preference in ride but just don't want to end up with the car feeling worse than the bald OEM just to save a few bucks.

Thank you

learn what the ratings for tread wear, traction ect ect mean. then do an apple to apples comparison of like tires.

take the reviews with similar cars into account along with price.

Even though the reviews can be all over the place. If you read enough of them from people with simliar cars, you can get an idea. Dont give the guy with a honda accord as much weight as a guy with a BWM 335 for example.

Personally, when I need new tires, Im going to replace them with the stock Michelin MXV4s.They have worn well, are decent handling, and ride extremely well for 20 inchers. They aren't cheap though....and I think a few owners have had problems with sidewall cracking. nonetheless, that's what I'm going to buy.

Hi all, I have a non PP 2010 SHO with 20's and need to replace the OEM Michelin's. Just wanted to get some opinions an anyone who has gone with a different brand. Reading the reviews from people on the tire sites does not really help cause one person will love the tire and the other will say it was the worst purchase they made and they are driving totally different size cars. So it would only make sense to see if you guys were satisfied with not going OEM. I do realize that everyone has a personal preference in ride but just don't want to end up with the car feeling worse than the bald OEM just to save a few bucks.

Thank you

What are you looking for a summer tire or all season?

I haven't given tire replacement any serious consideration yet (since we have to replace tires on our Explorer ASAP, and get our Sable state inspected) but I am leaning towards either Continental or Bridgestone, if Bridgestone has anything in the correct size with a tread pattern that appeals to me.

I too am thinking ahead to tire replacement. Got about 43K on the OE Goodyear Eagle RSA's (19 inch) and by the time I need to replace them I'll have at least another 3-4 K on them. I wouldn't have any problem switching to another all season if I thought I could improve on them but for a DD, I have no complaint at all with the Goodyears. They seem nice and quiet on trips. Gas mileage is great but I don't know how much of that is the tires. Most importantly in the sloppy winter driving (not often last winter and so far this winter) they seem to keep a good connection with the road. Last but certainly not least they have pretty good manners with WOT on cold dry roads. I discovered the hard way that the same could not be said of the summer tires on the PP I test drove.... Of course they are not supposed to..... but lesson learned non the less. So unless I hear some really good testimonials, I'll probably stick with the Goodyears.

For the winter i'm running the new Nitto Motivo. So far they are a great A/S tire. They have a ton of traction when its dry like the stock summer tires. They are also good in the rain and snow. They have a 560 tread rating and a 60K mile tread warranty and after a 3K miles there is no wear on them at all. For this is great news because of my driving style i typically wear tires out annually. they are also non-directional so you can properly rotate them so they last a long time.