Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Brake pads and Rotors needed?

Just got a call from the dealer about my soft pedal feel. He said the pads and rotors are worn and need them replaced before they can address the soft pedal feel.

Any suggestion on pads and rotors?

I'm not sure if the PP my car has had anything special on the brakes, the information I found just said the pads were thicker???? Looks like softer too!

Thanks!

If you really wanted to go top of the line, you should consult with our EBOF Supporting Vendor (Todd@TCE) who can quote you a price on a Wilwood Big Brake Kit.

That would be the ultimate.

In the interim (& until I can save up enough coin for that mod) I have chosen to go with EBC 'Yellow Stuff' Race/Track Pads, and Stop Tech, Cryo-Treated Slotted Only Rotors.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Just got a call from the dealer about my soft pedal feel. He said the pads and rotors are worn and need them replaced before they can address the soft pedal feel.

I'm not sure if the PP my car has had anything special on the brakes, the information I found just said the pads were thicker???? Looks like softer too!

Thanks!

I agree with the EBC choice for pads you can also look at Hawk pads too.

As far as the soft pedal feel, that is caused by the stock brake hydraulics and their poor application. The main complaint most car reviewers had with the 2010 SHO was how poorly the brake pedal felt and how bad they faded. I had the same issue in my 2010 and i had virtually new rotors and pads. The car stopped fine but the pedal felt like it was almost going to the floor. Almost like there was air in the lines. That is why for the '13 the hydraulic system was redesigned, with larger master cylinder and redesigned brake booster. The difference is extremely noticeable.

Another vote for EBC - had them on my 09 Impala SS (Sport dimpled/slotted Rotros and Red Stuff Pads). Loved them and plan to get them for the MKS when the need arises. I would love Brembos or Wildwood' date=' but can't justify.....the money....[/quote']

MY thoughts completely, and although several people have stated they don't like the brakes on the 10-11 SHO's, I really don't have a problem with them, since they are a large improvement after the disc/drum setup on my F-150 and also better then the Lincoln Mark LT, but then again the SHO is over a ton lighter then the Lincoln....

So I am in the same boat and am looking for rotors/pad and will be going with EBC rotors and Red Stuff pads. I have one quick question though (and yes I did search). I have a 2011 SHO with the PP package as does the OP. Can someone double confirm that the rotors are the same size (I believe 12.8") across the SHO and SHO PP models? I'm almost positive from my searching that on the 2011 the only difference in the PP was the pads....but before I spend $'s I am looking for some reassurance.

Thanks...

I just ordered rear EBC OEM rotors and both front and back green stuff brakes. Im hoping that stops the loud wowowowowoowow sound i get when pressing on the brakes at like 70-80mph. I think the last person who had the car loved the brakes and the car sat for 4months. I don't feel any vibration in the pedal but feel it in my butt. So hoping this solves that issue.

Visit EBC's website and all your questions would be answered.

Essentially, from what I understand, the color choices, are graduated increases in performance.

Start with the lowest (being Green), midrange (Red), to the Track/Street pads (being the Yellow).

Consequently, each upgrade in color, results in more brake dust being generated.

Probably the easiest way to explain it.

If someone else cares to expound further, then awesome! :thumb:

Otherwise, like I said, visit their site for a more punctilious explanation.

Mike :yo:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You might talk to the guy at brakeperformance, they are the only ones who asked if my car had the PP.

Anyone have any experiance with this guys? I talked to them a long time ago at a car show, seemed very knowledgeable and they make all their own stuff.

http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotors/Premium-Dimpled-and-Slotted-Brake-Rotors.php?did=13185

hey i have a 2010sho and the common low break pedal and bad brakes, my car has had this issue under original warranty and checked out and not fixed and i purchased extended warranty and had it brought it also in and they have said its normal, so i bought the ecb redstuff which is best for our car if its a dd and also for track, i believe the yellow is mostly for track,also bought the slotted rotors also at the same time and installed them. when i brought it to dealer they have said these are not stock rotors and pads so they will not check out my car and blame any break issues that i have on aftermarkey mods. so just a fyi on that unless ur dealer is cool and works with you and doesnt mind minor things like that or try to blame any issues on the mods. so good luck buddy

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the rotors and pads on all 4 wheels yesterday with Power Sport drilled and slotted disc's. No surprises except the brakes still feel soft and the rear are not engaging along with the parking brake, but now I can take it back to the deal to have the soft brake problem looked at ( I think it just has air in the rear lines). They wouldn't fix it until I put new brakes on it.....$450 their cost. It really didn't need them after I took them off, a little worn on the front but whatever makes them happy as long as the fix the brakes, plus I got cool looking rotors to boot!

The first two pic's are the supposedly bad brakes and third shows the worn pad to the new one. The last two are the new brakes......cool!

post-604-142532291146_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291151_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291155_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291159_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291164_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291146_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291151_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291155_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291159_thumb.jpg

post-604-142532291164_thumb.jpg

I picked up the car last night after getting new rear calipers install and headed for the open road to bed in the rear brakes since they weren't working correctly the first time. It's quit a thrill doing 5 hard stops from 60 to 10 in a row. By the 4th and 5th stop the car was starting to move around as the brake forces were changing between the 4 brakes.

As far as how the new Power Sport brakes work, all I say is "I have to learn to drive the car all over again!".

It's the best $260 you can spend on this car!

Thanks for everyone’s support. The brake problem is gone.