Ecoboost Owner Forums

New Brake pads and Rotors needed?

I'm trying to find something to replace my rotors as I have at least one that is warped quite badly....Not sure what to think about the long-term of those Power-Stops. I am tempted to just get the EBC blank replacements as I can only find the slotted EBC's for the rear and not the front : / Pretty sure I'm going to go with the EBC Redstuff pads though.

Edit: I see some of you guys are running the EBC slotted rotors. Where are you finding front and rears?

I have to search for my receipt for the Power-Slot Rotors and re-post the proper part #'s.

As far as EBC goes, I dont' believe they had their site completely updated. I know I had to give 'em a call myself.

Sometimes actual interaction, in the form of a phone call, goes a helluva lot further than performing a simple internet search.....

I was at EBC's website a few weeks ago and they listed both front and rear rotors is several different configurations (slotted, slotted/dimpled, slotted/drilled) for our cars.

Here are the rotors I've decided to get,,,,plus this will give you a good start to see what they have:http://ebcrotors.com/p-223-ebc-sport-rotors.aspx?submodel=SHO&submodel2=&submodel3=

Imm:

I got coming the kits stage 4 slotted from EBCRotor. They checked EBC's inventory. The had to do by individual parts of the kit. I think it was the rear rotors EBC had only 2 sets in stock, so I pulled the trigger. I checked with my guy who takes care of my car & for my driving this was plenty. Also got some MGP rotor covers coming. Might as well get the whole brake thing done at one time. Here is the link I used.

http://ebcrotors.com/p-234-stage-4-signature-brake-kit.aspx?submodel=SHO&submodel2=&submodel3=

Imm:

I got coming the kits stage 4 slotted from EBCRotor. They checked EBC's inventory. The had to do by individual parts of the kit. I think it was the rear rotors EBC had only 2 sets in stock, so I pulled the trigger. I checked with my guy who takes care of my car & for my driving this was plenty. Also got some MGP rotor covers coming. Might as well get the whole brake thing done at one time. Here is the link I used.

http://ebcrotors.com/p-234-stage-4-signature-brake-kit.aspx?submodel=SHO&submodel2=&submodel3=

Cool, please try to get some photos of the work being done, I would love to see these being installed and also the new look. Just be careful with the MGP caliper covers to make sure everything is lined up and nothing rubs. You did remember to order the 3mm spacers for the front wheels (if you had the TSB performed)? You will need them for clearance if the brake TSB was done to your car. I had to have them for mine, and they are necessary.

mark:

yes i did remember the spacers. i really doubt i had the tsb done unless they did it while it was sitting on the lot. i'm a novice so i have a friend do my stuff like this. he's one of top flight ford drag racers in town & so doing an exhaust system like he did or doing the brakes & calipher cover is child's play to him. has a '79 mustang 4 cyl that runs a 150mph 1/4 mile that's street legal. love's to work on my SHO so he can drive it around.

mikev

mark:

yes i did remember the spacers. i really doubt i had the tsb done unless they did it while it was sitting on the lot. i'm a novice so i have a friend do my stuff like this. he's one of top flight ford drag racers in town & so doing an exhaust system like he did or doing the brakes & calipher cover is child's play to him. has a '79 mustang 4 cyl that runs a 150mph 1/4 mile that's street legal. love's to work on my SHO so he can drive it around.

mikev

I should possibly stop by and talk to him about doing some custom exhaust work on my car. My guy is slammed with work, and also trying to finish his own project car before the season really gets going.

Kevin:

I'll ask him if he has time once get mine done. he's hard to tie down with his regular job then working on cars on the side. right now regular job is a little slow & son's baseball nor drag season has started. my exhaust & airaid took him along time to get started, then just an hour to get done. likes cash only.

mikev

Cash only is how I do all my side work too. lol

I might try and make the down pipes myself. Longest part will be making a set of jigs to hold the 2 ends in place, while I cut out the center, and then make a new center section witout the ends moving. I need to go ahead and order that $30 straight X pipe they have online, so when I get around to doing the center section, ill have it already on hand.

What you talking about Willis? Clearance for the caliper covers?

Yes, the caliper covers actually need additional clearance or they will rub on the wheels. Apparently the new caliper mounting bracket that was part of the brake TSB moves the caliper more towards the outboard side of the car, hence when the covers are put on the wheel will just barely touch the cover.

guz:

We got 12"of snow in stl, so with all the salt & messing conditions, my spoiled SHO decided to take the week off & let my Statrus handle the mess. When my guy did my exhaust, he looked at my brakes & laughed & said well stopping is overrated anyway but that at sometime I should get something done with my brakes.

well big disappointment last night, MGP calipher covers arrived as promised. Right color, red, wrong color for writing gray instead of black. I didn't throw a fit or nothing, mistakes happen. Guy was none to nice, it said right on packing slip black so somehow they messed it up. said he would take car of it & hung up on me. I work in inside sales, you don't handle customers that way, anyway I would say in a couple weeks if anybody with a 10-12 SHO wants red w/ gray letters, i'd bet you could get them at a reduced price.

mikev

Just in case anybody is considering EBC rotors or pads, I just pulled the trigger on a set of rear rotors and pads myself and saw this link:

https://ebcrotors.com/popup.aspx?title=Discount+Brakes+Rotors&topic=ebc_discounts_coupons

I typed in the savings code of: EBC50 and it saved me $50 on my free shipping order. Just under $300 for drilled/slotted rotors and red pads. OK! Done! Ship 'em.