Ecoboost Owner Forums

Monkeyed around with a 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX today....

So I'm motoring around earlier today, run'n errands and crap when I noticed a white car couple of car lengths ahead of me manuevering from one lane to the next pass'n cars up and what not.....

So I decided hey wth, I begin to do the same and jockey into position with the driver at the next red light.

We're both 1st at the light and prior to stop'n, I catch a glimpse of the ass end and notice that it's a Subaru Impreza WRX. I had to come home and verify what model year based on the tail lights and it appears it was a 2011. I don't think it was an Sti as it didn't have that God awful, atrocious fk'n wing those things are known for.....

Anyhow, I think to myself this oughta be fun and also I wonder if they're up for playing around?

So sure as sh!t, light turns green and we both hammer it.....

We're both neck and neck for a very short distance, at which point I begin to pull away, not a lot at 1st, but enough, then the gap grew larger....

At the point where there was about 2.5-3 car lengths inbetween us, I could visibly tell the driver "shut it down" as I noticed the front end dip down and their car slow down.

We get to the next light and I get the big 'ol thumbs up from the driver.

How very cool :thumb:

Then we both went on our merry way each probably having a new found respect for eachothers rides.

Now admittedly, I have no clue what the curb weight is on those cars, but knowing our SHO's are big pigs / behemoths, I was pleasantly pleased with the outcome.

I think those cars run around 300 or 305bhp if I'm not mistaken. But like I said above, the curb weight is a huge factor and that was definitely in the favor of the Subie driver Fo Sho.....

Now if I can just get those damn catless down pipes done so I can install those, as well as my Meth Injection Kit that's currently collecting dust just waiting for the pipes to get done, I think the spank'n I administered would've been even more evident.

Had some fun and just thought I'd share with the community. :eyebrows:

If you go over 50-70, you will likely catch or beat the Subaru... Unfortunately, the way they are geared and with AWD, they are rockets off the line. My son has a 2005 Subaru Forrester Turbo stick... He can beat anything to 30!! and hold his own to 60.

Are you installing your Methanol kit? Wondering if once it's installed, if you could go to a local dyno shop and have Dan tune it via Skype & internet? Hope Kirk is going to set up a jig for those downpipes.

Not ready to mod turbos or heads at this time as this is our hi-mile commute vehicle/hauler. And... it is only driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays! ( Yeah... I let her drive me to church on Sundays...... :tea::thumb: ) I beat the hell out of it during the week!

EBB, both of us were beyond those MPH's you posted & there was never at any point in this match that it was I who was playing catch up.

Re-read my original post.

As far as the the meth kit, I do have a local installer who will be putting it in, I will be there to assist, in w/e capacity i'm needed and the pipes, well, idk, I keep being reassured they'll get done, but don't go there.....

Let's just say IMO only, they should've been done by now, but i'm at that individuals mercy at this point, so i'll just keep my fingers crossed that one of these days, i'll get "the" call saying they're done.

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

The WRX is a bad mutha. They are pretty fast stock, but a few mods make them hard to beat. I got in a penis sizing competition a couple of years back with a WRX in my 05' Mustang Pony. When all was said and done I ended up coming up short. So bad that my testicles receded back into my abdomen.

I had CAI and Magnaflow mods, but I could not keep up with the WRX. After I conceded to the pocket rocket, I saw that it had a modified exhaust. It must have also had some spray due to its acceleration from 110 to about 130 as it pulled away.

It was quite emasculating.

I tangled with a Roush Mustang this past summer on the interstate...he was a little quicker then me, but he couldn't pull any distance from me... was impressed with how the V-6 held it's own against a much lighter V-8 Mustang...and that was with the Stage 2 tune...I'm thinking I would have been even closer with Stage 4+.

Impreza's are rockets off the line' date=' but race them from a 30 or 40MPH roll, and theyre hard to hook up. Those boxer engines are damn impressive[/quote']

your talking stock, A bigger turbo and you wont keep up from a roll because GT 15's arent designed for topend, Im very versed in dsms and subies. I currently have an 02 wrx with a full jdm short ratio 6 speed and I run a gt 35r on it. It is completely modded out. It only starts to spool at 3500 rpm's since its a 2.0l but hold on cause its all top end and with the short ratio non overdrive tranny i run max boost till the redlines. With our small twins on autotrans we will beat them off the line just by brake boosting ours a little.

That's why I was always a little disappointed in all my turbo 4 imports (mr2, swapped 200sx, swapped 240sx, WRX, EVO VIII) they all had some lag to them, and it took big bucks to build them for throttle response, it's this new school thinking that has emerged in turbo design with high compression and mild boost that makes turbo more fun. I had a GT35 on my EVO and the car was like a hand grenade, pull the pin and wait for the boost. I think the only boosted import I am interested in anymore is a GTR, for the moment I am loving the SHO. It isn't faster than any of my 2.0 turbo imports, but the response is just awesome.

I feel you sauce, I have a 2010 ecoboost flex stage 3 I havent installed the 4+ tune and also have intake. I currently have it up on jackstands , finishing up the H&R Springs. I did the rears last night and the fronts are being a lil bit of a P.I.A. . I love my flex though, but I still love to play in my subie, nothing like a 40mm. EWG dumping to the atmosphere. but just like Dsm's and Evo's theyre old news and forced induction isnt a new concept to us. Alcohol injection, hahahahah I was running 100% denatured or meth with a number 10 nozzle 5yrs ago. I completely agree with you about the GTR, that car is amazing. I have friends with 1000 hp. supra's and they rave about them. Remember the AMS customer black evo in Florida 8yourv8 license plate, that car was a beast.

Archived