Ecoboost Owner Forums

going to the 1/4 this weekend...

travSHO

I'm curious to know how to get the best results with my vehicle. What rpm do you guys launch at and what tire pressure do you have in the tires for best track results. I'm going to take the spare out and empty the trunk this time and try to only have a few gallons in the tank. Anyway, help me with info and experience with the launch rpm and inflation questions and any other advise you might have for this rookie. Thanks!

Around 2000... Drive around in parking to heat tires but not the engine (keep it cool). Remove extra weight including low fuel. Drive straight. Brake/boost a good 3-5 seconds at 2000 before launching. Try to follow a few powerful car that will heat up the track for better traction. If you care about reaction time, hit gas full throttle on the third yellow light... If you wait to synchronize green light, you will be already 0.50 second late. If you care about trap speed and ET, try to stage by moving forward at the line very slowly until the second light just barely flicks.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. I guess I will just have to play with the different psi amounts until I find one that works the best. My dad is going with me in his stock automatic 2013 mustang gt. I'm sure he will beat me in the 1/4 (he didn't want to go to the 1/8 ;-)) but I would like to minimize the butt kicking. Lol

If the track is wel prepped and your dad warms his tires up before the race, my guess, looking at your 1/8 time and speed is that your dad will do 13.3 at 107 and you will do 14.2 at 98 (predictions based on a 85F day in warm Texas, you can deduct 0.1 for every 10F cooler and add 1mph at the same time).

Good luck!

P.S. BTW, try to have the highest tire pressure possible before it spins, because when too low, you will lose speed once launched...

P.S.2, When you will put a tune, cai and cat back (I would do H&R springs too), you should be under 13's... Don't tell your dad and go again once modded and kick his a$$ lol!

I will post my times. I just put the airaid cai in so hopefully I will do a little better with it on the track

I will keep you guys informed. Thanks for all the feedback

Good luck I ran 13.7 sec at 97deg bone stock, bone stock mustang at that temp will do 13.6-13.5sec after LMS TUNE you will hit 13.0-13.2sec at 95deg.This run was at 12.7sec at 59deg. The Mustang hit a 13.0sec run.