Ecoboost Owner Forums

Scangauge

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone tried one of these? http://www.scangauge.com/products/scangaugeii/

I may just go down to Auto Zone tomorrow and pick one up. With the X-Gauge add ons, should be able to read fuel trims, IAT, boost and get your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on your own.

Maybe I missed it, but are you sure it will tell you boost? Even my MyCal needs some complex formula to show boost. And mhenne, does your app show boost? If somebody just wants 1/4 mile time, 0-60 and 60-0 times you have app choices and also just buy an older model used G-Tech off ebay. I got a new OLDER model for about 50 bucks shipped. It does not use GPS, and I kind of like that, as when I have compared two side by side GPS based devices, they are not exactly equal in the readings (compared my Garmin and phone app ).

In regards to the scangauge, I am sure that it will read boost (just configure the MAP reading to boost instead of vacuum as per the website). I am not 100% sure that it will read boost on the SHO obviously. If the unit has access to that info from the ECU, then it should read it. If the SHO's ECU does not allow that information to be read from the OBDII diagnostic port, then you won't have it.

The Android torque app also shows boost as one of the readable parameters, again, only if the ECU will give it to use, that is.

Oil pressure is one thing I would really like to see, but it looks like I will have to install a gauge for that. I have not seen anything be able to read that from the ECU yet.

BTW' date=' if you turn BT on to connect torque to the adapter, how do you keep it from connecting to Sync??[/quote']

The phone will pair with the adaptor and sync. Ive had no issues using both. The application knows to pair with the bt adaptor.

As for the link, ill have to find it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008TL6RT0

Brainytrade has more reliable ones instead of chinese clones.

Oh yea there are tons of things our ecu has data for that torque can use. Also I know you can add custom PIDS to tell the ecu to montior something it already doesnt. But finding a PIDs list is hard to do.

Id love to have guages on the piller or have the guage pod that one of our guys here makes, but I don't have all that cash to do it. Plus having my phone on my winshield mount makes everything clean and "techy" looking. Friends that haven't seen that beforw just ask questions, and I love peaking people's interest with the SHO in anyway I can.

Friends that haven't seen that beforw just ask questions' date=' and I love peaking people's interest with the SHO in anyway I can.[/quote']I hear that, I have a lot of friends that will think this is the future :RpS_laugh:.

Also keen to show it to the guys at the shop (auto repair shop - dad's business). They may not buy another $5000 scan tool again, LOL.

You won't be sorry...Torque is a great app. The cheaper adapters can "sometimes" be a little slow but if MHenne has one that works you should be good to go!

Regarding this there is an option inside torque that will cause the bluetooth to have a faster connection.

Fair warning, I dont data log so I don't know if it is slow, but I have had zero issues on the guages themselves as they have a "refresh light" like the HDD blinking light on computers to tell you they are pulling and receiving data.

post-277-142532290322_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532290322_thumb.jpg

I've been playing with Torque, waiting for my BT device to arrive. Anyway, the Map mode is cool!! I zoomed way in on my house, and could litterally watch the little blue bubble move around my house as I walked around holding my phone.

Also, how did you get the pretty blue gauges? I didn't see those while poking around in the gauge setup.

I've been playing with Torque, waiting for my BT device to arrive. Anyway, the Map mode is cool!! I zoomed way in on my house, and could litterally watch the little blue bubble move around my house as I walked around holding my phone.

Also, how did you get the pretty blue gauges? I didn't see those while poking around in the gauge setup.

Its a theme setting. I kinda like blue inside the car. 4th from the top.

post-277-142532290345_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532290349_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532290345_thumb.jpg

post-277-142532290349_thumb.jpg

Mine won't arrive until tomorrow :( Another day of suspense.

Haha I know the feeling. I had mine delivered to work.

Oh I forgot to mention this, dont use the cd it comes with. Its useless and has been known to trip your anti virus on your computer. I threw mine away.

Also, the device will come with zero instructions. The pairing code will be 1111 or 1234. Mine was 1234.

After that then youll be looking for more reasons to drive to watch the guages.

Its a theme setting. I kinda like blue inside the car. 4th from the top.

Do you have an android smart phone? I bought a 4 dollar app (torque) and a 16 dollar bluetooth obd2 adapter from amazon and I wouldn't have it any other way

I'm using the MYCAL for the gauge display. Would the torque app give me anything that I don't have now? Besides the Bluetooth wireless connection that is. I also use an iPhone 5. I assume the torque app would be available for it as well. Have you found a really great spot to mount your phone to show your new gauges? I have the MYCAL mounted up to the left of the RV mirror. Not terrific but best I've been able to do so far.

I'm using the MYCAL for the gauge display. Would the torque app give me anything that I don't have now? Besides the Bluetooth wireless connection that is. I also use an iPhone 5. I assume the torque app would be available for it as well. Have you found a really great spot to mount your phone to show your new gauges? I have the MYCAL mounted up to the left of the RV mirror. Not terrific but best I've been able to do so far.

Nope. Torque is android only. Apple uses a proprietary bluetooth chip and they make people pay to be able to "talk" to tbe bluetooth chip.

Id say your my cal is just fine.

And yea mine is in the lower left corner of the windshield. I have a galaxy note 2 so its almost like an ipad :eek: