Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tune installed

JMR76

I finally installed the LMS tune on my stock SHO. Like everyone else has said, it makes a huge difference. It's actually better than I expected. I was impressed how normal (for my wife) LOL, it drives if you don't feel like getting on the gas. This is nice for my family. For me, the shifting and power difference is awesome when getting on the gas. It shifts perfect, no bangs or clunks, but firm strong shifting. I haven't had a lot of miles on the tune, but for a tune on a stock car, I don't think you can do much better for overall smoothness and power. Now I'll never be able to go back. After I get some more miles on the car, I'll probably be adding more mods.

Thanks Livernois.

Congratulations! Your experience is just like mine - exceeded expectations in terms of power, smoothness, shift characteristics, etc. LMS did a heckuva job with these tunes.

A couple of other things I have noticed is that a lighter touch on the throttle is needed for cruising at 75-80 - feels like you are just idling along. Also, the engine sound under WOT is more aggressive yet more refined sounding than before.

Goodness, i can't wait to order the tune! I switched over from a supercharged dyno tuned TBSS and the shifting on this thing drives me nuts, it's so slow! Everything i've ever had has been tuned and they always make a huge difference, especially on FI engines. Get my bonus check next week and this will be the first thing I do on Friday.

The stock shifting characteristics of my MKS (and probably the SHO) is really designed for unmost smoothness and zero shift-shock. I think they carried it way too far. The result is that when going through the gears at WOT, it felt like someone was literally shutting off the engine between shifts. The result was a surge of power followed by a lag/shift....then another surge of power followed by another lag/shift.

The tune totally cures that series of surges/lags but is it still smooth and there is NO feeling of being abusive to the transmission. I cannot confirm it but I would bet that the improved shifting alone - even with no additional power - would pick up a couple of car-lengths in the quarter mile. It also is much more enjoyable to drive in everyday use.

was planning on waiting till 3 year 36' date='000 mile mark...but you guys are making it hard[/quote']

If you wait that long, you will kick yourself for waiting once you have it installed...and wonder why the heck you didn't do it a lot sooner. BTW, you're about at the mileage I was when I jumped to the Dark Side...."Use The Force"!

I WAS going to wait a little longer, but got the tune at about 2500 miles. LOVE IT!

Warranty was the only thing holding me back, but the car is running good and there was no "new car bugs" .... so i went for it. I have about 3500 on the car now and it is much more fun to drive!

racerx78 where are you located?

It's really nice to see an entirely new set of SHO owners jumping on the LMS band wagon and also reporting the same experiences all of us 2010 owners have been reporting all along.

LMS has this platform down as far as tuning goes. Their overall commitment to the EB platform as a whole, is utterly unmatched in the aftermarket industry.

Thanks to all of those "newer" SHO owners who have chosen to pull the plug on the LMS tunes, and even better, thank you for reporting your own unique experiences with them.

I am continually impressed with LMS's dedication to our line of vehicles and it goes w/o saying that it is nice knowing that there is an entirely new batch of owners that have found this out for themselves.

They are, and have been, top notch ever since I've been associated with them.

I am looking forward myself to doing the upgraded turbo's this year, and am anxiously awaiting pricing from them.