Ecoboost Owner Forums

Pissed off!...

travSHO

well...after over a week of anticipation I gather my buddy (in a 2008 Mazda speed3) my dad (in a 2013 mustang gt) and my other friend (in a 2000 f150) and head to the track last night. I checked the weather daily...sometimes multiple times in the day to make sure the weather was going to cooperate. Well according to my phone weather was going to be ideal...low of 50 with little to no humidity. Gates at the track open at 6pm. We are all driving from Houston which is about 40 miles away so we leave around 6:15. Before we even arrive to the track on the way there I hit an egret. I think that's how you spell it. The big white bird. Luckily it didn't break my windshield because I hit it at 70 mph and it was a big ass bird. Ok...shake it off. Then we get to the track and I pull up to the gates and the girl there asks if I have a helmet...and my response is...um...no. She then asked someone else in the booth if they have loaners...and they do. I then go to tech and ask where I get the loaner helmet and he asks "why??? You shouldn't need one". WTF!. So we decide to park the cars for a minute to get a bite to eat and let the cars cool from the 40 mile trip and traffic. I let some air out of my tires and we get in line to race about 6:45.(lines are starting to get long). There are 4 lines at royal purple raceway. My dad and I were directed to one line and my buddy with the speed3 was directed to another. MY DAD AND I SAT IN THE LINE FOR 3 HOURS AND DIDNT GET TO RUN. My buddy in the speed3 that arrived with us ran 2 times. So naturally we are getting pissed and NO ONE can give me a straight answer as to why my line got passed up 3 times. Then, get this, around 10pm it starts raining...they said they will give us "rain checks" because they don't give cash refunds. We will see if that works out. I was pissed of and an asshole so I'm sure they will lose our rain checks. Ever since royal purple bought Houston raceway park service has gone to SHIT!. I want to take my business elseware but that's the nearest 1/4 and I don't know of any other. On a positive note I met a guy with a 2010 non-pp that was all stock except a stage 4 livernois tune and he ran 3 13.1's. That's with a 30 mph head wind. Real nice guy from Baytown. I got to see his mycal up close. I know what my next upgrade will be...anyway...thats how my Friday at the strip went..i guess I will have to wait until next Friday...:mad:

That sux. I guess I am lucky. Last time I had an hour wait at one point and I thought it was ridiculous. They backed up more cause people kept breaking their stuff though.

Yeah the MyCal is a great. So the CAI temp seems to make a difference... You can monitor it from the MyCal with your hood up or with ice on the intake. Helmet should be Snell 2005 at least.

I ran into that "slow taurus" mentality once myself. Pulled into 1/8th and the chic is like "you here a part of a crew or spectate honey" I am like "racing honey". She laughs. Pull in and the guy in the staging lane is like "playing with the old mans car?" So I am 35 and bald and he thinks I stole my dads car?. So I run a solid 8.? get back and he is like "son you got nitrous on this thing?"

We always get the respect, it is just after they see us run.

Yeah...it was crazy. But what are you gonna do. The girls reasoning behind me needing a helmet was because my car has a sun roof. The guy at tech said I wouldn't need one unless I run a 14 or better...which I wasn't leaving until I ran a 13.9 or better :-). The guy I met there said he ran a best of 13.97 stock in. 85 degree weather. It was 50 degrees last night. Man...it sucks...i KNOW I could have gotten into the 13's with my car last night. Huge disappointment. I guess I need to start looking for a helmet anyway...because after the mycal I KNOW I will need it

Thanks...im amazed it didn't break my window. Like I said it was a big bird I hit going 70. My dad was giving me a hard time and saying he is surprised that's the first bird I have hit with my big ass land boat. Lmao. "I'm surprised all the other birds on the way up here have time to move out of the way of that huge ass thing" lol.

That sucks. The staff at the track all know me and even at 12 flat, I don't need an helmet. They know the car is very stable. The servive is impecable where I go (Napierville dragway Quebec). But sometimes you get there and a guy breaks his tranny and the time they clean up the oil etc, it can take an hour... But I go so often, that I don't even mind anymore.

Good luck for next time!

You know I always go to the same 1/8 or same 1/4 and they are both inconsistent. Sometimes they give you the tenth degree, and make people rent helmets/ check everything. Sometimes the tech doesnt even look up from his clipboard. I have had the guy check to make sure the helmet was snell, and a week later not even bat an eye at me.

Yeah SteelBlue let me know next time you go! There is a pesky Duramax guy at work that wants to line up at an early T&T day at Cordova. I am jealous of these Texas guys!

On a positive note I met a guy with a 2010 non-pp that was all stock except a stage 4 livernois tune and he ran 3 13.1's. That's with a 30 mph head wind. Real nice guy from Baytown. I got to see his mycal up close. I know what my next upgrade will be...anyway...thats how my Friday at the strip went....

And did you by chance happen to refer this newly discovered fellow SHO owner about our wonderful, little EBOF community??

I sure hope so :doh:

Moving along, your Dad's comment about the "land boat" striking the egret made me laugh. But in all seriousness, glad you're ok.

Sucks about your track experience (or lack there of).....

Always next time my friend, & feel confident you can shoot down those dastardly naysayers :thumb:

The MyCal device is a pretty damn sharp piece of equipment.

I for one, am very glad that it's been developed, & released for our use.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

TravSHO, SORRY about you track day no runs. but stock at 97deg I hit 13.9 1st run 13.7sec best run. The start of the next yr w/LMS TUNE best time 13.0sec at 95deg. last run of the yr best time 12.669sec at 59deg and 5 more at 12.72sec. And yes 14sec or higher no helmet 14sec or less got have helmet!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

I happen to be the guy with 2010 SHO. Thanks for the kind words. That really sucks that you did not get a chance to run. There is a 1/4mi track in Evadale. They are running this Saturday 12pm-10pm if the weather holds up. They have a FB page. "Ben Bruce Raceway Park" I managed to get 6 runs in last time I went. BTW They did not make me wear a helmet at either track. Let me know if you have any questions or need directions. Robert

Hey Robert. Glad you found the forum. Im still kinda new here to but there are alot of guys on here that are nice and have alot of info. Like I said in other posts I am a old school foxbody guy and all the tech and everything is really new to me, but I tell you what, I am LOVING my car. in the fox world 12 seconds requires ALOT of work (unless you spray) so I really like the fact that this car is so easy to mod and yet still so civil. I am actually second guessing cat-back exhaust because I really dont care for the way the SHO sounds with it. Kinda like the idea of a 12 second sleeper... : )

2 hour drive to race in February to far? warm climate jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Snowing here :smow: I have to wait until mid April for the nearest 1/4 which is 100 miles away, just under 2 hours. Closest 1/8 is 50 miles!!!!

Back in the day we had an 1/8 right in my area, actually still there between 2 corn fields. We had a failed attempt to build a 1/4, to much noise :violin:

FYI the jerk comment was my jealousy of you coming out. Long cold winter in the midwest.

lol. Yeah I guess I am kinda spoiled in a way. My dad is actually from Illinois. Im not sure how you deal with the winter there. But most of the country wonders how we deal with the year round summer here in Houston. Anyway, the 1/8th mile track is only about 15 miles away. Baytown, the 1/4 I went to last week, is about 40 miles. But I am SERIOUSLY considering going to Evadale. Just thought I would rub that in...lmao

It's a pretty good track, if you get there around 1 you should be able to make 4 or 5 passes quickly. Once the sun goes down a lot of the big cars come out and then you have to wait longer in between runs. I ordered the Air Raid this weekend, so hopefully no headwind and I will get in the 12's. my last pass in Baytown I a 60ft. Time of 1.89 and 8.4 1/8 with a crappy 13.14 1/4