Ecoboost Owner Forums

Various Livernois tune stages?

ArthurJGuy

You know, the internet is a funny thing. And maybe I'm just not reading your treads correctly... but I find them to be a bit impatient. I get that the Livernois website is imperfect. We'd all always like to know more. I've never spent a dollar with Livernois (but it's next on my to-do list) but I've already benefited from Rick's availability here.

So you're looking at a $599 tune, right? $599... not $599,000 right? You want personalized service from a company that seems to have a stellar reputation for personalized service... but are you expecting the president of the companty to drop everything and answer your question? I'm sure your question seems simple to you, but reading through this thread we've seen it evolve from the assumed 2010-2012 to your 2013, plus additional questions on now on 100 octane tunes.

So no answer is ever as simple as the initial question seems.

Plus, the other members here have given you lots of information.

I'm glad to see you've edited-out your bit about "always doing your own tuning" in the past... but maybe take a deep breath and relax, huh?

We're lucky to have vendors that provide such incredible improvements to such a low-volume niche vehicle. Just because he hasn't breathlessly replied to your message... which has already been answered several times above... doesn't mean it's cool to make little snyde remarks.

Like I said, maybe I'm reading your messages wrong... and if so I'm sorry for the mini-rant.

WOW, thanks for the warm welcome.

I'm glad to see this site is so friendly.

You know, the internet is a funny thing. And maybe I'm just not reading your treads correctly... but I find them to be a bit impatient. I get that the Livernois website is imperfect. We'd all always like to know more. I've never spent a dollar with Livernois (but it's next on my to-do list) but I've already benefited from Rick's availability here.

So you're looking at a $599 tune, right? $599... not $599,000 right? You want personalized service from a company that seems to have a stellar reputation for personalized service... but are you expecting the president of the companty to drop everything and answer your question? I'm sure your question seems simple to you, but reading through this thread we've seen it evolve from the assumed 2010-2012 to your 2013, plus additional questions on now on 100 octane tunes.

So no answer is ever as simple as the initial question seems.

Plus, the other members here have given you lots of information.

I'm glad to see you've edited-out your bit about "always doing your own tuning" in the past... but maybe take a deep breath and relax, huh?

We're lucky to have vendors that provide such incredible improvements to such a low-volume niche vehicle. Just because he hasn't breathlessly replied to your message... which has already been answered several times above... doesn't mean it's cool to make little snyde remarks.

Like I said, maybe I'm reading your messages wrong... and if so I'm sorry for the mini-rant.

Also, 100 Octane was mentioned in the very first post, and I only said what I said because I was getting responses that just said PM Rick, and I already did that. When he gets around to it, he can respond, I'm not worried about it. I've been in his business before and I know exactly what it involves and how busy it can be. I've also thanked the other members for their contributions and information, so yes I'd say you are reading it entirely wrong.

If I was really in that big of a hurry, I could just call.

Alright guys. Easy on the drama.

Livernois explains the tunes on their site. I found what you were looking for in 5 sec with a little looking around on their site.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/Livernois-Motorsports-EcoBoost-Tune-%28W%7B47%7D-SCT-X3-Device%29.html

Rick told me 4 and 4+ are now the same tune, however this used to not be the case.

As for 2013 stage 4 is only available.

If you dont have access to 93 octane, then yiu will have to run stage 3.

We are all adults here so lets keep it classy Los Angeles.

Rick is a very busy man and shows our site love when he can, if you need immediate service call the shop and get your answers that way.

Thank's for the link, I was not able to find that page going through their menus last week. It easily could have been my fault though, as I was browsing via mobile.

Rick told me 4 and 4+ are now the same tune, however this used to not be the case.

As for 2013 stage 4 is only available.

If you dont have access to 93 octane, then yiu will have to run stage 3.

See, things like this get me confused. You say there is only a Stage 4 for 2013, but without 93 Stage 3 is required, but Stage 3 doesn't exist. Other people are saying there is a 91 and a 93 Stage 4 for 2013, so there is some conflicting information floating around.

I'm in no rush, so I don't see a need to call and take away from his busy day. When he gets time he can chime in or PM me back, until then we can share our collective knowledge and experience and figure it out.

Thank's for the link, I was not able to find that page going through their menus last week.

See, things like this get me confused. You say there is only a Stage 4 for 2013, but without 93 Stage 3 is required, but Stage 3 doesn't exist. Other people are saying there is a 91 and a 93 Stage 4 for 2013, so there is some conflicting information floating around.

I'm in no rush, so I don't see a need to call and take away from his busy day. When he gets time he can chime in or PM me back, until then we can share our collective knowledge and experience and figure it out.

I can not confirm 2013 tunes as I have 2011. I am aware of rick maybe "scaling" back some settings in stage 4 to compensate for 91 octane. Ill let him verify on that. Otherwise just shoot the shop a call and ask them. Everytime ive called they have been quite professional and helpful.

Arthur, you are right to be confused about the different stages. I read your posts again and I think Bruce didn't get it right, but this is the best forum and you will find that participating members are very generous, helpful and knowledgeable.

As Chris (crash) said, it is all an evolution of the tuning over years based on track testing, street testing and feedback from all customers. Bottom line, you just need to call Livernois and ask them for the 2013 tune with 91 and 93 octane and tune your car accordingly to the gas you put in your car.

From what I understood, 2013 get only the equivalent of a stage 4+ in terms of tuning/boost/shifts and if you only have access to 91 octane, they just reduce the boost a bit not to cause pinging.

Basically, they created a tune that is optimal for performance/fuel economy/reliability... It is smooth when needed and powerful if wanted. No need to create a stage 2 or 3 for 2013.

Hope that is clear...

Cheers!

Arthur, you are right to be confused about the different stages. I read your posts again and I think Bruce didn't get it right, but this is the best forum and you will find that participating members are very generous, helpful and knowledgeable.

As Chris (crash) said, it is all an evolution of the tuning over years based on track testing, street testing and feedback from all customers. Bottom line, you just need to call Livernois and ask them for the 2013 tune with 91 and 93 octane and tune your car accordingly to the gas you put in your car.

From what I understood, 2013 get only the equivalent of a stage 4+ in terms of tuning/boost/shifts and if you only have access to 91 octane, they just reduce the boost a bit not to cause pinging.

Basically, they created a tune that is optimal for performance/fuel economy/reliability... It is smooth when needed and powerful if wanted. No need to create a stage 2 or 3 for 2013.

Hope that is clear...

Cheers!

So it's not as much of a stage system as it is a versioning system then. Got it.

There are no "stages" for the 2013, just the 91 & 93 tune. Whether they are corresponding to stages 3 & 4, I don't care.. as long as they work.

The 91 tune does feel less powerful than the 93 tune, but both are miles ahead of stock. If I could only get 92 octane, i would stay with the 91 tune.

I don't know of a 100 tune for the 2013, Rick would have to answer than one.

Started writing the post, got called away, finished an posted... In the mean time Steve142857 gave an excellent explanation.

I read your posts again and I think Bruce didn't get it right

I apologize if I didn't get it right. I was under the mistaken impression that we were talking about a 2010-2012 model and suggested my post be disregarded if it was a 2013. Anyway, the tunes are great! I learn more here by accident than anywhere else on purpose!

It's true. When I receive a PM it goes in my spams, but since I log in to the forum often, I can see that I have a PM. So, if it is the same case with Rick, maybe a direct email will be more efficient. I have PM'd him to two times since yesterday and he hasn't replied to me neither. Rick is the guy I know that gives the best service all industries included, so he must be really busy and hasn't logged to the forum, so try emailing him directly. His email is :

rleblanc@livernoismotorsports.com

It's true. When I receive a PM it goes in my spams, but since I log in to the forum often, I can see that I have a PM. So, if it is the same case with Rick, maybe a direct email will be more efficient. I have PM'd him to two times since yesterday and he hasn't replied to me neither. Rick is the guy I know that gives the best service all industries included, so he must be really busy and hasn't logged to the forum, so try emailing him directly. His email is :

rleblanc@livernoismotorsports.com

I assumed it partially could have been from the extended weekend.

Either way I shot an email over, whatever method he gets back to me on will do.

Thanks again.