Ecoboost Owner Forums

Does Sync still only connect when it feels like it?

I have had two vehicles with Sync, an 08 and an 11 Focus, and both of them Sync has driven me batshit crazy.

I have tried this with about 5 or 6 different phones and always got the same result.

- Phone ringer volume is voice volume, phone ringer is 500% louder than voice so after I have turned the volume up to hear the person I am talking to, the next phone call (days, weeks, etc later) rings with the volume at capacity, no matter the music volume, scaring the living shit out of anyone in the car and possibly waking my kid(s).

- Setting the Sync ringer to phone ringer does not stick, Sync still plays the default annoying ringer

- Bluetooth Audio can connect fine one second, and then 10 minutes later when I get back in the car it sees no BT phones, even though the BT icon is lit up. After about 10-15 attempts it will finally connect and play.

Please tell me that the SHO with My Ford Touch and Sync doesn't have any of these issues?

I had an issue with my old Samsung phone staying connected. It may stay connected for 3-4 weeks then suddenly the phone wouldn't be connected. Have not had that issue with my Motorola phone. It has disconnected on occasion, but when I tell it to reconnect it always does so without problems. That wasn't the case with the Samsung, I always had to go through the process of re-pairing the phone to the car. Haven't had an issue with the Bluetooth at all.

My 2011 sho seems to have no problems, but the 2012 fusion i'm renting at the moment keeps switching away from bluetooth audio everytime I shut off the car. I'm currently into podcasts via bt streaming, and EVERY TIME I get in the car, I have to go through the media menus to select bt audio--it's really frustrating.

I had issues with two former HTC photos. They would usually initially connect, then by the time I got to the end of my long driveway, disconnect. I could manually reconnect them and they'd stay sync'd fine until I cycled the ignition.

My wife's old Samsung worked fine in her MKZ and later MKT. We both have new Samsung phones (Galaxy S3 and I don't recall what hers is) and they both work very reliably. In the 8 months or so we've had these phones, neither of us have had issues.

What I have had an issue with though is my Microsoft Zune staying connected as a USB device. Randomly it drops to where I need to manually select it, and even more randomly I need to physically unplug and reconnect it from the USB port. Interesting that Samsung seems to have better success at connecting wirelessly to the Microsoft Sync system than Microsoft has connecting via cable to one of their own devices....

-Rod

What I have had an issue with though is my Microsoft Zune staying connected as a USB device. Randomly it drops to where I need to manually select it, and even more randomly I need to physically unplug and reconnect it from the USB port. Interesting that Samsung seems to have better success at connecting wirelessly to the Microsoft Sync system than Microsoft has connecting via cable to one of their own devices....

-Rod

If it's like any other MS device/operating system, you need to check the device manager/usb controller power management settings on the Zune.

• 1 month later...

I just got my SHO yesterday and I had an interesting incident with it....my Fiancee drove me to the dealership in her Escape (which my phone has been paired with in the past) and we drove to Burger King (big spenders!) for dinner. We parked next to one another and when we left, my phone didn't want to pair with the SHO...It eventually did as I pulled out into the highway.

I was telling her about it later that night and she was having the same problem...my phone tried pairing with the Escape for some reason since it was so close to it I guess!

I've also had incidents where I've taken the Escape out and she's been on the phone in the house and I can listen and interact with the call via the Sync system...she was talking to her Mom so I just said hi LOL