Ecoboost Owner Forums

2013 Taurus SHO DRL??

I asked my dealer to turn on the daytime running lights and he said he could not find a way to do it. Has anyone been able to turn on the LEDs? If not, can I add a set of LED strips (I have some already) and how can I wire them in? I tried the voltage sensing relays with my 2011 Infinity and was very disappointed. The first failed on install and the second failed after 3 months. They sense the voltage and when it is over 13 volts or so (meaning the alternator is going) it closes the switch. I would prefer to use the lights already on my 2013 SHO.

I asked my dealer to turn on the daytime running lights and he said he could not find a way to do it. Has anyone been able to turn on the LEDs? If not' date=' can I add a set of LED strips (I have some already) and how can I wire them in? I tried the voltage sensing relays with my 2011 Infinity and was very disappointed. The first failed on install and the second failed after 3 months. They sense the voltage and when it is over 13 volts or so (meaning the alternator is going) it closes the switch. I would prefer to use the lights already on my 2013 SHO.[/quote']

Have your service manager call my service manager, and he'll get set straight. It's a simple matter of them programming them on. Have them call Ted Frynkewicz at 865-693 7707 (Ted Russell Ford/Lincoln).

I am planing on simply wiring a relay to turn on the parking lights any time the ignition is on. going back on my old days as an auto alarm installer. this is a 10 min job.

As it is, i almost always turn the parking lights on while i drive. the amber corner markers + the leds down low just looks sick on my car.

I asked my dealer to turn on the daytime running lights and he said he could not find a way to do it. Has anyone been able to turn on the LEDs? If not' date=' can I add a set of LED strips (I have some already) and how can I wire them in? I tried the voltage sensing relays with my 2011 Infinity and was very disappointed. The first failed on install and the second failed after 3 months. They sense the voltage and when it is over 13 volts or so (meaning the alternator is going) it closes the switch. I would prefer to use the lights already on my 2013 SHO.[/quote']

If you want to install some LEDs to run when the key is on, just buy an "add-a-circuit mini" from Autozone and plug it into #46 fuse under the hood. It worked for my '10, I don't know if they changed it for the '13. Hope it works out for you.

• 1 month later...
Have your service manager call my service manager' date=' and he'll get set straight. It's a simple matter of them programming them on. Have them call Ted Frynkewicz at 865-693 7707 (Ted Russell Ford/Lincoln).[/quote']

We did this and he seemed very caught off guard and couldn't remember what they did.

Also found this information for another Ford product....

Activating DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

REQUIRES PROGRAMMING TOOL!! (using the Ford IDS/VCM)

1. Hook up the tool and identify the vehicle.

2. Go to programmable parameters, exterior lighting.

3. Change from disabled to enabled in the body control module and instrument cluster module

4. Follow the directions on screen for cycling the key or ignition on and off.

5. Clear codes and its done.

Jason

I aquired the required "tools" to attempt this. When I try it on the SHO it fails and the dome light flashes. Had to reset the BCM back to factory. I did it on a police model and hmmmm, DRL lowbeams!!! Interesting.

I was able to enable the dark car feature though. No interior lights when you open the doors.

Jason

If anyone is keeping up with this (who knows) I sent ford tech a email about it, got kicked over to Rotunda support (IDS,VCM) and explained it to them and they will bring it to Ford's attention. Probably fall on deaf ears but who knows. I'll probably get red flagged in the Ford customer system, lol.

Jason