Ecoboost Owner Forums

Sooo Close to 12's

bigrobbapump88

Hey guys,

Well had a great time at the track today. I made 9 passes and smoked everybody off the line except for the Mustang that ran 8.93 @153 with 1.29 60ft times. 1st 4 passes were consistent 13.13, 13.15, 13.16. Then a 13.10, 13.09, But the best of the day was 13.07 @ 105 with 1.89 60ft. No wind about 72 degrees, racing a CTS V. He was impressed that I jumped out to a lead. Raced a tuned '13 5.0, 2012 Shelby GT 500, 2012 CTS-V, a bad a$$ old fox body stang, and the one car I managed to beat was a brand new G8 GXP. Never saw him again after the launch. Really wanted to get into the 12's with just LMS tune, but I will have to wait for another day. But sure got a lot of attention today.

Yea, I was pretty surprised with the launch. I have read Steve's advice and I did remove the spare tire and lower tire pressure. I do have a question for you speed Jedi's. Still haven't figured out where my car likes to launch. 2,000rpm I get 1.94 2200-2400 I get 1.89 but it seems like a slower ETA and MPH. Tried 1800 and got both slower 60ft and MPH.

Yea' date=' I was pretty surprised with the launch. I have read Steve's advice and I did remove the spare tire and lower tire pressure. I do have a question for you speed Jedi's. Still haven't figured out where my car likes to launch. 2,000rpm I get 1.94 2200-2400 I get 1.89 but it seems like a slower ETA and MPH. Tried 1800 and got both slower 60ft and MPH.[/quote']

I've found that 2000 rpm with 28psi is the sweetest sweet spot.

Do whatever it takes to have the best time... Not trap speed.

When humans are running the 100 meters, do you know the world record? Usain Bolt with 9.58 seconds. At what speed? Who cares!

When drag racers have an objectives, they want to break the 13's, the 12's, the 11's...

When bracket racing, beside the reaction time, the only factor that matters is ET, trap speed is out of the equation...

Trap speed is a measure of power capacity... Or an excuse for ones that can't put power to the ground!

;)

Yea' date=' I was pretty surprised with the launch. I have read Steve's advice and I did remove the spare tire and lower tire pressure. I do have a question for you speed Jedi's. Still haven't figured out where my car likes to launch. 2,000rpm I get 1.94 2200-2400 I get 1.89 but it seems like a slower ETA and MPH. Tried 1800 and got both slower 60ft and MPH.[/quote']Here are time sheets from 95deg day & 59deg day,. To put it simple Steve said to me. That the more you spin on lunch the faster MPH BUT SLOWER TIME you will have. The better traction on lunch the faster 1/4time but lower MPH. 60' Time tell you what kind of traction you are getting.look at this #'s.

95deg runshttp://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y486/shoman04/104_0001_zpse05bdf6e.jpg[/img]"]104_0001_zpse05bdf6e.jpg

59deg runs

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y486/shoman04/TIMESH1.jpg[/img]"]TIMESH1.jpg

Yea' date=' I was pretty surprised with the launch. I have read Steve's advice and I did remove the spare tire and lower tire pressure. I do have a question for you speed Jedi's. Still haven't figured out where my car likes to launch. 2,000rpm I get 1.94 2200-2400 I get 1.89 but it seems like a slower ETA and MPH. Tried 1800 and got both slower 60ft and MPH.[/quote']

I got the best results at 2000 rpm with 28psi in tires also...

Btw I found that sometimes if I launch too high in rpm' date=' I can get a good 60', but the first shift seems to suffer... Like if it took time to digest the hard launch and mechanic was not ready to make an efficient shift... Who knows?[/quote']

Good point, it does seem to spin and suffer at the 1st shift when I launch at higher rpms. The thing that sucks is that I live in S.E. Texas so this was probably the last of the cool weather, but who knows maybe we will get a cool front and a little tail wind. Thanks guys. BTW the guy in the CTS-V was so bothered by me jumping him off the line he screwed up his launch and was sloppy shifting and ran in the 12's. He made me run him again and promptly ran 11.6 but I still was ahead at the 1/8mi. My buddies took a picture with me holding a thumbs up as I went by and I had my massaging seats on too. I will try to get picture and post it. I love this car, way better than my 2005 Corvette.