Ecoboost Owner Forums

Random Thoughts

mjhpadi

Since I have been limited in my mobility lately (bad knee-has me on crutches) I have had time to do some thinking. It would be great to have a "get together" for our members. Problem is (of course) time and place. Seems we are fairly spread out..all across the US and Canada, plus we are all very busy with our schedules. Showgun and I have tossed the idea around of trying to meet and attend the NHRA National in Indianapolis in 2012...but then again, just a thought at this point. It would be great to meet all the wonderful friends we have all made here and spend a little time together.

Also just realizing that Mike is a Chicago "boy"...he is very close to one of the best Top Fuel Racing teams in the history of the NHRA...Schumacher Racing is based in Chicago (I think)...Mike, you want to learn about fast...you should look up those guys...0 to 325 in 3.78 seconds...that's speed. I'm thinking it would be worth your time to buddy up and spend a little time with them. Anyway, just some thoughts.

I would think an EB Forums get together would be pretty damn cool quite honestly.

I thought about this myself, but hesitated to mention anything, knowing (like Mark said) we are kind of spread out all over. I would think that logistically, a MidWestern location would be beneficial to all as it goes without saying that a MidWestern location would be pretty much central to everyone. But that's just my initial thoughts on the matter.

My agency requires that I submit vacation selections in December of the year prior to which they're actually used/taken by the employee.

As such, I submitted and was granted approval for the entire month of July 2012 to be off on vacation.

I don't think our family is planning on going anywhere this Summer as our trip to Jamaica last year with the kids depleted our funds pretty extensively.

The only monkey wrench in this is that I am currently seeing an Orthopedic Surgeon (and his referred Physical Therapist) for my shoulder.

I was told there is a strong possibilty of an arthroscopic procedure being done if physical therapy doesn't work out. So I'm cringing that as I don't have the luxury of experiencing all that down time from work.

If surgery is deemed necessary, I may try to hold off on it (until closer to July) so I don't burn up some much of my available sick time.

Other than that, I usually have every other weekend off from work so if more conversation comes forth on this topic of a EB "get together" and possible dates, etc..... I guess I'll just stay tuned and post up any replies accordingly.

But yes, would be cool to get together for sure :thumb:

I like it! I have only been to the Nationals at route 66 Raceway in Joliet (south of Chicago) BUT I have heard Indy is a great time and wouldnt mind the drive over. Do they allow tailgating at Indy?

It's one of the biggest hoots you'll ever go to. Racing days, partying at night for those who want that, -- then of course the best of the best drag racing, the Indy 500 track and museum, the fireworks display at the Fairgrounds..... I've done Indy a half dozen times and loved every minute. Well worth the trip.

For Mark it's about 500 miles from him in Pa, and coincidentally it's about the same from me in southern Ontario. Chicagoans are only about 200 miles away and Detroit is a little more than 300 miles.

Very doable and time needed is the Friday b4 Labour Day weekend and maybe the Tuesday after for travelling.

It's definitely on our short list this year tho for me it's a lot easier to sched. being retired.

C.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't put much more thought into it. At least not as of yet.

Difficult to get motivated when it's cold, snowing, and yea, well, just plain 'ol Winter outside.

Plus I've been trying to just get coordinated on my end to finish up some of my mods before Spring hits.

I'm still subscribed, so maybe when Winter breaks, and some of us break out of our funk, more ideas will Spring forth :noidea:

I'm with Mike kinda hard to get motivated when it's cold and nasty, but going to Indy sounds good...I've been trying to find a group deal for a VIP suite at the races..if you've never done a race, this is a super way, great view, plus you are out of the weather...don't know if I can find anything, but I'm trying to find something so we could meet as a group...more info as I hear more.

Just sent an e-mail to Indy Raceway Park to get more info on group sale tickets and what is available.

Hey Mark, we've never had any trouble getting tickets for the track but being that it's so popular a race, the accommodation sells out fairly quickly and must be booked ahead of time.

C.

Hey Mark, we've never had any trouble getting tickets for the track but being that it's so popular a race, the accommodation sells out fairly quickly and must be booked ahead of time.

C.

If we are going to meet we would have to talk how many days if a hotel needs to be booked. I could do Sat-Monday or even Friday-Monday. I know the first qualifying rounds are cool but Wed-Mon would be tough for me.

My plant is converting to "SAP" software and they are basically shutting down my building for two weeks in July. I may not HAVE to use vacation for two weeks, but at least 1. vacation time will be tight for me...

I understand about winter but during the winter is when I make my most grandiose plans because I am bored!

The US Nationals are Aug 29- Sept. 3. I'm thinking of being there Thursday to Tuesday and then coming home. This is still very early stages' date=' but will keep updated when we find a lodging place and if we can get tickets for the race.[/quote']

Just called my buddy who goes ever year with his Impala club. He said there is a best western south of the track that is nice, cheap and close to the south lot which is easier in/out. Just an FYI. I have only been to a Nascar race their and I camped (never interesting in race track camping again BTW)

Just called my buddy who goes ever year with his Impala club. He said there is a best western south of the track that is nice' date=' cheap and close to the south lot which is easier in/out. Just an FYI. I have only been to a Nascar race their and I camped (never interesting in race track camping again BTW)[/quote']

Yeah camping there (I've camped at the Lion's club area) is a hoot -- and not much sleeping goes on. Just tuning and partying.

I much prefer camping at HoJo's or Holiday Inn...:o

Hotels in the area are typically booked way in advance and that includes downtown (we usually go to HoJo's on Washington street) and the digs nearby the west side fairly close to the track in Claremont.

The US Nationals are Aug 29- Sept. 3. I'm thinking of being there Thursday to Tuesday and then coming home. This is still very early stages' date=' but will keep updated when we find a lodging place and if we can get tickets for the race.[/quote']

Let me know what you find out Mark --- I'm also looking ........

C.

• 2 years later...

While calling around looking for a front axle (diff) for our trailblazer today, I get a call from one of those online parts place I put in a request for part from. Gentleman gets on the phone and assures me they are not a junk yard, they are an "advanced recycler"....oh man that made me lol. After he recites all of the parts I've seen online already (same exact mileage on each one) he throws me a price that's hundreds above posted online prices. I quickly call him out on his shenanigans of reselling parts for his "advanced" pocket lining and get a dial tone....some people Rich

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived