Ecoboost Owner Forums

shoman04 has thrown down the gauntlet!

Scrming

Calling out the SS!

http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278965

Do us proud!!!

I have two SS Camaro,1 Highly MODed 5.7 300c,and a CTS with more that may come from work but not run. They want to see the SHOw down between FORDvsChev vs Mopar. It is FRIDAY Mar 15 at Silver dollar Raceway. I invited 770Airport,Belli(live in ATL),akhowell(live in Jesup,Ga) Gregoire(Nashville,TN) I'll be asking our new vendor Chase@Adams(Birm.AL) Even I'll invite EcoBoostBob(Fla He say hi ever time he is in ATLANTA). One of the SS guys I just meet 6mo ago. He said that he was in a CAMARO forum that "CAMARO GUY" that got beat by Scrming is in. He said they all say look-out for that "LITTLE RED WAGON"!!!!!!!! THAT LITTLE RED WAGON can make a Camaro SHOw its panties.LOL

I doubt, given his mods, you will have an issue. Hell the first run ever for me, granted it was the 1/8 not the 1/4, I beat a new ss by over a car. I think I ran a 9.1 @ 78ish mph BONE stock. One thing that I have learned and most of you already know is spinning is NOT winning. There is ALOT of room for driver error in his car, even being an auto. Plus like his posts say its his first time running his car and you have alot of runs under your belt. But you may be suprised. Even being rwd these new traction control systems are amazing. My dad ran his new 5.0 auto BONE STOCK friday night and was running 13.004. I have a Airaid in my sho and the best 60 foot time I could get was 2.0. He was getting 2.1. I also had 28 psi in my tires and was launching at 2000 rpm. So it is possible he might suprise you but I think you got this one. My money is on you.

Btw: I love it when people talk crap about the sho because its a Taurus! lol

I doubt, given his mods, you will have an issue. Hell the first run ever for me, granted it was the 1/8 not the 1/4, I beat a new ss by over a car. I think I ran a 9.1 @ 78ish mph BONE stock. One thing that I have learned and most of you already know is spinning is NOT winning. There is ALOT of room for driver error in his car, even being an auto. Plus like his posts say its his first time running his car and you have alot of runs under your belt. But you may be suprised. Even being rwd these new traction control systems are amazing. My dad ran his new 5.0 auto BONE STOCK friday night and was running 13.004. I have a Airaid in my sho and the best 60 foot time I could get was 2.0. He was getting 2.1. I also had 28 psi in my tires and was launching at 2000 rpm. So it is possible he might suprise you but I think you got this one. My money is on you.

Btw: I love it when people talk crap about the sho because its a Taurus! lol

I had run a LOT of 5th Gen Camaro SSs at the track... One thing I have noticed is the Mustang 5.0 is a LOT easier to launch than an SS... I watch the newbie SS guys struggle all day... while the newbie 5.0 guys seem to start putting down great times after only a couple of passes...

Yeah I have noticed there seems to be more of a learning curve launching the ss. I have driven my dads 5.0 spirited on the street but never at the track. but with the power that thing has and the little 245's all season tires from the factory I was expecting to have him by a car by the 1/8 and then he would obviously reel me in by the end of the 1/4. Dont those ss weigh about as much as our cars??

I had run a LOT of 5th Gen Camaro SSs at the track... One thing I have noticed is the Mustang 5.0 is a LOT easier to launch than an SS... I watch the newbie SS guys struggle all day... while the newbie 5.0 guys seem to start putting down great times after only a couple of passes...
There was 3 ss at work. The 1st guy retire but we went to the 1/8mi track in 2011, I told him he may have the fastest car but he was the slowest driver!!!!!LOL Here what happen that night.

JOHN parked SS and sat in the stand with daughter the rest of the night.:faint:LMBO

i am shocked that you guys arent banned for speaking against the mighty crapmaro. that board is seriously full retard.

there are some on every forum... I had a 5th Gen Camaro and it was a fun car... met a lot of great guys in the V6 section... which is why i'm still active over there.. .