Ecoboost Owner Forums

Belly Pan Question

I gotta question for you guys.. I just got the SHO back from the body shop (wife ran over a ladder in the road going 80+MPH, DONT ASK!!!! hehehehe) I had to get a new bumper, catted downpipe, flex pipe, Air Dam, Belly Pan ect.. ect.. Well the last part came in today, the belly pan. It looked a little odd.. I asked to look at the old pan and I saw they were different!!! My SHO is a 2011, on the belly pan there are molds for 2 cutouts for some sort of air injection dams, but they were not cut out. One the new one, the molds are cut out and there are 2 metal housings on the inside of the belly pan to direct the air from the scoops up to the downpipes/cats.... I think this is friggin sweet.. I am wondering when ford decided to go this route with the belly pans?!?! What model year after 2011 did these start to come like this from the factory, and why was the mold there for mine, but not cut out??? Does anyone else have the "old school" belly pans?? Also, I noticed that ford replaced the plastic air dam under the front bumper with a rubber one.. Mine was all scrapped up anyways from rubbing on the driveway, with this new rubber one, it dosent rub anymore.. this is frigging sweet!!!!!

Please chime in...

Thanks

They did switch over some time mid year of 2011 production to the "modified" belly pan that has the actual cut outs, well...... cut out.

My 2010 is molded, as if there were to be openings, but they were never actually cut out however.

So it may just be your body shop ordered an incorrect piece, based upon the model year alone, and not by having used your actual V.I.N.

That'd be my guess.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

They did switch over some time mid year of 2011 production to the "modified" belly pan that has the actual cut outs, well...... cut out.

My 2010 is molded, as if there were to be openings, but they were never actually cut out however.

So it may just be your body shop ordered an incorrect piece, based upon the model year alone, and not by having used your actual V.I.N.

That'd be my guess.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Or the new belly pan replaces the older design making it obsolete.