Ecoboost Owner Forums

"NO GPS" icon, poor navigation performance...

just noticed this the other day, as the SHO is my wifes daily.

nav appears to be working, but then the NO GPS icon will pop up and the nav icon(red arrow) moves but the nav i lost. it has us in locations with no roads, or up to .5 mile away from where we actually are.

the car is double covered in warranty, with the bumper to bumper still in effect and also a Ford extended warranty. but as you know, going to the dealer for a simple fix is sometimes annoying. so if this is an easy fix id like to just tackle it myself.

the car has been updated to the most current SYNC software.

TIA!

I occasionally get that when I first start driving the car in the morning. But, as you said, despite indicating "no GPS", it clearly tracks my travelling. However, for me, it is only upon start up for a few minutes. And, it I program in a route, it immediately finds it, so no harm no foul for me.

I occasionally get that when I first start driving the car in the morning. But' date=' as you said, despite indicating "no GPS", it clearly tracks my travelling. However, for me, it is only upon start up for a few minutes. And, it I program in a route, it immediately finds it, so no harm no foul for me.[/quote']Same thing here. It was worse in my 2011 Edge before the 2013 mass updates.