Ecoboost Owner Forums

Options for changing the Ford oval?

Did some searching and didn't really come up with much. It looked like a sponsor at one point had a Sho sticker to cover the oval. This was very common back on the early Sho's with alot of options. What options have you guys seen? I'm hoping someone makes a nice domed overlay for both badges.
http://www.webxtremes.com/

Looks exactly like what you are talking about, plus some of the other links I posted above may help.

Ahhh I wish I would have done some research on the emblems before I decided to take about a whole day off & on to paint mine black lol. Trying to mask off the chrome parts with painter's tape & an exacto knife is pretty time consuming. I'll just keep justifying myself that mine is the body color instead of a generic black :RpS_razz:

Night Hawk posted link above..all you have to do is unbolt the radiator cover..then get a light and look down you will see a aluminum type bolt and turn counter clockwise and pop out..reuse bolt and pop black oval in..should take about 10min. Good luck!

022-8_zpsd690479c.jpg

034_zps3b973da6.jpg

Custom, hand painted, and hand lettered oval...... compliments of my local auto body shop that has performed ALL of the work I've ever had done over the years, custom, or routine body work (Advent Auto Body, New Lenox, IL.).

inprogressemblem1of2.jpg

CustomFordEmblem2of2.jpg

At my request, they actually color matched the white metallic in the 'FORD' scripting, so that it matches the rest of the exterior paint.

I got mine for my Explorer Sport from the same ebay seller.

They look great and are easy to install.

HOWEVER you do have to tape 3/16" of the oval nearest the vehicle to cover the exposed chrome where the overly come up short

post-1094-14253229118_thumb.jpg

post-1094-14253229118_thumb.jpg