Ecoboost Owner Forums

back to the track with LMS 4+

travSHO

Well I worked late and the 1/4 was closed so I decided to go to the 1/8th. My best time tonight with Airaid and LMS tune was 8.44 @ 83.50 mph. 1.9584 60'. This is about a tenth better then my dads best in his mustang and he ran a 13.007 in the 1/4. So I'm fairly confident I have a 12 second car now. I just need to wait until the track opens to confirm that. Not to bad considering I didn't prep for the track. I could have prob lost 100 pounds if I would have planned ahead. O well. Had a blast. Previous best in the 1/8 with cai only was 8.9. So I picked up half a second in the 1/8th. Not bad. Another happy LMS customer.:bounce:

I also picked up 5 mph in the 1/8th with the tune!!!

Nice pick up with just a tune!

However, you can't compare 1.8 mile with your dad's Mustang. His first 1/8 is slower. His first 60' is probably not that good and he doesn't lose power once launch lime our cars with AWD eating power.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I think that your 8.44 sec translates closer to a

13.15-13.20 at 103-104 mph...

Getting into the 12's require a bit more prepping.

So next time, put the car on a diet and with cooler temperatures, you should see the 12's...

With H&R springs, you definitely have a 12's car. With x-pipe and exhaust, 12.8... With methanol, low 12's... With downpipes, 12 flat and upgraded turbos, potential 11's...

How bad do you want to give a beaten to your dad... And to you wallet? Lol

Well I worked late and the 1/4 was closed so I decided to go to the 1/8th. My best time tonight with Airaid and LMS tune was 8.44 @ 83.50 mph. 1.9584 60'. This is about a tenth better then my dads best in his mustang and he ran a 13.007 in the 1/4. So I'm fairly confident I have a 12 second car now. I just need to wait until the track opens to confirm that. Not to bad considering I didn't prep for the track. I could have prob lost 100 pounds if I would have planned ahead. O well. Had a blast. Previous best in the 1/8 with cai only was 8.9. So I picked up half a second in the 1/8th. Not bad. Another happy LMS customer.:bounce:

I also picked up 5 mph in the 1/8th with the tune!!!

Here some #'s of of a lite wt(4165lb w/me 4385lb) my car tune only. What was temp was your run? Steve wright about temp.

At 95deg

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y486/shoman04/104_0001_zpse05bdf6e.jpg[/img]"]104_0001_zpse05bdf6e.jpg

At 59deg

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y486/shoman04/TIMESH1.jpg[/img]"]TIMESH1.jpg

post-237-142532291081_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291081_thumb.jpg

It was about 60 degrees Friday night at the track. Little to no humidity, and little wind. All in all good weather conditions. That is a notorious slow track though. I can't ever get the numbers there that I get anywhere else. Idk. No big deal. I am considering doing the trans cooler. I have acc, is that going to be a problem?

The trans cooler maintains things cooler. It shows its advantage in between runs or in traffic or after a few WOT. That with a Tstat170F and a Livernois tune accordingly helps avoiding heating. So, one a first run, there won't be any differences, but after the one with the aux trans cooler will be able to continue posting steady times without beeing slowed down by higher trans temperatures or having to stop longer between runs.

I changed the cooler spark plugs after I was running meth... I am no expert in mechanics, and actually probably one of the weakest among this forum, but the way I understand it, the more power your car is making, the cooler you should use spark plugs. If not, they will simply burn and the ignition won't happen. I had a code on the dash before changing them that something was wrong with cylinder no.5 (it was misfiring)... I was so scared! But, my OEM spark plugs had never been changed after something like 45K miles and I had been driving it like if it was stolen for a good 25K miles out of it, so it was just normal to change them.

Basically, those two mods alone shouldn't make your car faster, but will allow you to be fast longer...

travSHO that is a solid 1/8 time!!!! Your 60' was pretty good to, your hooking decent with those numbers!

Steve how those cooler spark plug and aux trans cooler help us?

shoman in 2010 Ford didnt have the right plug for the job, changed it in 2011. Several times I have seen guys report premature failure in 2010s, but havent seen any in 2011+. I think in your 2011 your stock plugs are fine.... I pulled my 2010 and went to 2011+ plugs. Because these are boosted Ford did put a boost friendly plug in. Factory 2011+ plugs are fine with stock turbos even with added boost.

Basically a "colder" plug is more boost friendly, but as said Ford put a good boost friendly in 2011+ cars.