Ecoboost Owner Forums

New SHO Owner In WI

NAiLs

I've had my eye on the current gen SHO for years, but could never afford one. I own a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, and she's my baby, so my funds were going towards that. I bought her brand new in 2008 and she's garage kept during the winter. RWD sucks to drive in the winter! I did try it once, and it wasn't for me, which is why I bought a daily driver.

My DD was a 2005 Grand Prix GTP (My 4th Grand Prix... ) that was getting aged. I didn't want to stick money into it for future repairs, so I figured I'd trade it in when the time was right. I didn't think I would be trading for another year to save money, but looking around and talking to the dealer, I got an awesome 1.99% interest rate (75 months) pre-aproved. With that, I bit the bullet and picked up a 2011 SHO in Kona Blue! I LOVE this color and grew attracted the moment that I saw it. She's got 22k miles on the clock and is going to be my daily driver for hopefully many years to come! I love how she rides and the buttloads of features that are included. I find it most interesting that I can play a DVD on the NAV unit. :RpS_laugh: I think I'll have to get rid of these crummy Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, though. I had them on my G8 for 2000 miles and never liked them. The G8 has Goodyear Eagle GT's, but I don't think I'll be getting those for this car. I picked her up on Tuesday when we got a little snow, and man did I baby it home! LOL!

Mind you this, too, but this is my first Ford or anything other than a Pontiac. I've really grown impressed with Ford over the last couple years!

I'm still undecided how I'm going to do maintenance on this beast. I'm used to seeing room under the hood, and this car is pretty tight. I usually do my own oil changes, plugs, belts... the things that I find easy.

My first mod.... getting rid of this godawful dealership sticker on the rear end.

I'm located just north of Milwaukee, WI.

No pics, since mother nature still loves dumping snow on us. When the weather gets better, I hope to get the G8 and SHO out for a shoot.

Dumb question.... is there anywhere to get the all-weather floor mats at a reasonable price? I know Ford charges $75 if you order them with the car.

I look forward to reading more on these forums.

:welcome:Glad that you've joined us. If you enjoy your time here you may want to consider becoming a Premium Member. For only 10 bucks you can help support our website. If you spend much time here you will discover must of us have tuned our cars and I must say it makes a good car GREAT. It is the best "bang for the buck" I've ever spent on performance. Again, hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions please ask, someone here can usually be helpful.

Welcome to the site!

You'll love the AWD in the winter, this is one of the best handling cars i have driven in the snow even with the A/S tires!

Hopefully you and Rockgt302 can work out a deal for the mats that will save you some dough.

Oil changes are easy! No tools to remove the belly pan (unlike my wife's Audi that has about ten Torx screws of three different sizes). The oil filter and plug are right there, no hand contortions needed to remove the filter.

I've had my eye on the current gen SHO for years, but could never afford one. I own a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, and she's my baby, so my funds were going towards that. I bought her brand new in 2008 and she's garage kept during the winter. RWD sucks to drive in the winter! I did try it once, and it wasn't for me, which is why I bought a daily driver.

My DD was a 2005 Grand Prix GTP (My 4th Grand Prix... ) that was getting aged. I didn't want to stick money into it for future repairs, so I figured I'd trade it in when the time was right. I didn't think I would be trading for another year to save money, but looking around and talking to the dealer, I got an awesome 1.99% interest rate (75 months) pre-aproved. With that, I bit the bullet and picked up a 2011 SHO in Kona Blue! I LOVE this color and grew attracted the moment that I saw it. She's got 22k miles on the clock and is going to be my daily driver for hopefully many years to come! I love how she rides and the buttloads of features that are included. I find it most interesting that I can play a DVD on the NAV unit. :RpS_laugh: I think I'll have to get rid of these crummy Goodyear Eagle RS-A's, though. I had them on my G8 for 2000 miles and never liked them. The G8 has Goodyear Eagle GT's, but I don't think I'll be getting those for this car. I picked her up on Tuesday when we got a little snow, and man did I baby it home! LOL!

Mind you this, too, but this is my first Ford or anything other than a Pontiac. I've really grown impressed with Ford over the last couple years!

I'm still undecided how I'm going to do maintenance on this beast. I'm used to seeing room under the hood, and this car is pretty tight. I usually do my own oil changes, plugs, belts... the things that I find easy.

My first mod.... getting rid of this godawful dealership sticker on the rear end.

I'm located just north of Milwaukee, WI.

No pics, since mother nature still loves dumping snow on us. When the weather gets better, I hope to get the G8 and SHO out for a shoot.

Dumb question.... is there anywhere to get the all-weather floor mats at a reasonable price? I know Ford charges $75 if you order them with the car.

I look forward to reading more on these forums.

Congrats on your purchase. :)

The Weathertech or Husky floor liners are my favorite. They are above $75 but are in my opinion well worth the purchase price. Autoanything.com has a good price on them. If you are just looking for cheapo but "decent" I've found the Michelins are pretty good. They are $30 at any local retailer.

Welcome fellow Wisconsin SHO owner! Get some snow tires and you are going to have tons of winter fun. Listen to the advice you will get here and pick up the tuner from Livernois' date=' stage 4+ with 93 octane fuel will wake that SHO up.[/quote']

Thanks! I had snow tires on my GTP and they definitely made driving in the snow MUCH easier! I'm considering that for the SHO, but that might not be the first winter. What size wheels are you running? 18's? I have had my eye on the Livernois tune, but tuning is usually something I hold off on when my cars are under warranty. My G8 doesn't even have a tune yet, but after the warranty is up, she sure is getting one! I'm not quite sure how Ford looks for people messing with the PCM? I know GM can see straight up if you've messed with the PCM and they'll void your warranty. For sure, my first mod will be an intake. I've gotta sell some tires that I just bought for the GTP (But never needed to install), and I'll allocate those funds to the intake.

Welcome to the site. Yokohama parada spec x are a great all season tire. I have a set of new in the box all weather mats for sale in the classified section.

Shot ya a PM! For S&G's, I opened up the classifieds and your post was right up on top!

Welcome to the site!

You'll love the AWD in the winter, this is one of the best handling cars i have driven in the snow even with the A/S tires!

Hopefully you and Rockgt302 can work out a deal for the mats that will save you some dough.

Oil changes are easy! No tools to remove the belly pan (unlike my wife's Audi that has about ten Torx screws of three different sizes). The oil filter and plug are right there, no hand contortions needed to remove the filter.

So far I'm digging AWD period. I've only ever driven FWD, and my G8 was my first RWD. I've always wanted something AWD and my eyes were drawn to the SHO right away.

I'll probably take a look at the oil situation in the coming months. Gotta find out how much this 3.5L beast takes... though I can't imagine much different from the 4.5 quarts that the 3.8L in the GTP needed.

Congrats on your purchase. :)

The Weathertech or Husky floor liners are my favorite. They are above $75 but are in my opinion well worth the purchase price. Autoanything.com has a good price on them. If you are just looking for cheapo but "decent" I've found the Michelins are pretty good. They are $30 at any local retailer.

I checked out the Weathertech and might consider those down the road... I know they were just a bit out of my budget at the moment. I think the Ford ones should do me good and will match the car well. I'll keep the website noted for my potential future purchase! :)

Thanks all for the welcomes! I can tell that I'll be doing a ton of reading and learning here!

Welcome fellow WI SHO owner. I'll throw my opinion in on the all weather floor mats. The OEM ones are useless. My SHO came with those and I ordered Weathertech ones within a couple of weeks. The OEM mats don't cover enough area and salt stains were getting in the carpet already. If your dead set on the OEM ones...I have a set :)

Jason

Welcome fellow WI SHO owner. I'll throw my opinion in on the all weather floor mats. The OEM ones are useless. My SHO came with those and I ordered Weathertech ones within a couple of weeks. The OEM mats don't cover enough area and salt stains were getting in the carpet already. If your dead set on the OEM ones...I have a set :)

Jason

My 3rd season with Weather Tech. Very happy with them.

Welcome Nails! I know I recognize your screen name from the G8' date=' and I think even from my Gtp days. Just get friendly with a local dealer and dive into a tune.[/quote']

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I've seen your name around before, assuming you've used the same handle! I was part of ClubGP since I think 2003 and was pretty active on there for years. I've got one local Ford dealer, who is pretty much in my backyard, but I've never stopped there before, so I don't know how they are.

Any ideas if Ford has a counter or way of telling when a PCM was messed with? I haven't read about that yet.

Jason

I grabbed rockgt302's stock AW mats, and I think they'll do just fine for now. Anything is better than nothing, right? I think when I have a little more cash, I'll invest into the weathertech's. I'll be honest, after seeing how goofy the cloth mats are with coverage, I assumed the AW ones were the same.

Where in WI are you located?

First mod for me will definitely be an intake. I just have to sell a couple things from the GP first. I can't wait to hear the sweet sound of the turbos!

I might be selling my Airaid intake somewhat soon.....

Kind of depends when my custom, one-off complete intake system arrives at my door step.

Even then, I still have to get it over to the painter to color match the OEM White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic.

So it'll be some time. Keep an eye out in the classifieds for the F/S ad.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...
I might be selling my Airaid intake somewhat soon.....

Kind of depends when my custom, one-off complete intake system arrives at my door step.

Even then, I still have to get it over to the painter to color match the OEM White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic.

So it'll be some time. Keep an eye out in the classifieds for the F/S ad.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I'll keep that in mind! I'm not quite sure when I'll be ready to buy my first mod, since I've got some mods, tires, and wheels left to sell from the GTP... but once that is all sold, I'll have some cash. I might be leaning towards the K&N one just based on people's feedback on sound/performance, though. I really like hearing FI noises! :RpS_biggrin: