Ecoboost Owner Forums

Well It Happened This Way

SpeedWagon

Hi;

Hello from the West Coast of Canada. I had my Fusion Sport for almost four years, so I thought it was time to upgrade. The Fusion sold me on AWD and I wanted more power and two choices I found were the Charger R/T AWD and the SHO. We don't get a lot of snow here so the Chargers are hard to find and the local dealer didn't want to get one from another dealer and wasn't able to tell me if the factory was even still building them. So off the the Ford store. After asking the salesman about getting an SHO, he said what colour would you like. Green has always been a favourite and I told him I would like the 402A (PP) package, he said yes so I now own it but won't possess it until the first week of April because it has to be in the Vancouver International Auto Show, I hope I can wait that long!

So that is me, here is what I have owned over the years:

1953 Chevrolet 2dr Sedan

1958 Meteor (Ford) 2dr Sedan 292 Y-block

1964 Corvair Spider 150hp turbo

1964 Chevrolet 4dr Sedan inline 6

1973 Pinto Wagon 2 liter German Ford engine

1979 Dodge 15 passenger van 400ci piece of junk

1989 Mustang LX Sedan 5.0 (RCMP Blue)

2000 Taurus Wagon Duratec V6

2007 Fusion SEL AWD 3.0

2010 Fusion Sport 3.5

2013 Taurus SHO

Congrats and Green huh? Very interesting.

Welcome aboard :welcome:

Great to have you here, and you bet your butt you better post some pictures of that beauty once you take delivery.

Lots of great info posted here thus far and we look forward to your involvement here, and also to wherever you may be able to contribute accordingly.

Mike :yo:

The Dodge guy was a idiot. He didnt know if the factory was still making them? He didnt want to locate one for you? I wonder if the owner ever found out that a salesman chased away some easy money? Glad you went to the Ford store. You could order one from the factory. It may be a better thing because folks sit in cars at the auto show also they steal things out of cars there.

The Canadian cars have it right on the window sticker that they are not for export to the US. There must be some differences even if built in the same factory.
I LIKE THAT GREEN. What does ford call it? My1st SHO (a 93) ATLANTIC GREEN,now KONA BLUE, NEXT We will make a fading peal from green to blue back to green. MMMMMMMMMMGOOD.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2057[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]2058[/ATTACH]

post-237-142532291207_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291211_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291207_thumb.jpg

post-237-142532291211_thumb.jpg

Looks neat! I prefer cars in color... not so much the grays and blacks but those seem to sell better. I can't wait to see a green one on the road. Good luck passing the time....

I was thinking my KONA BLUE SHO (390 MADE) WAS RAIR (2ND RAIREST COLOR) FOR 2011! But a KONA BLUE MKS?!?!? :faint: THAT'S RAIR!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I finally picked up my new green SHO. I am very impressed and when the rains stop, I hope to get out and push it a bit. A couple of things that stand out are the nice exhaust note and the presence of some engine braking which my two fusions and my Taurus wagon didn't have. Life is good...

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Welcome... I had the worst experience with the 2 Dodge dealers near me that I gave up on the Charger altogether. The worst was the GM from the one closest to me, I wanted my deposit back and he kept telling me "Everybody wants these cars, who are you to cancel your order?" Yeah, after telling him I wanted to hear no more from him I got my deposit back and started my search again. Glad I did!