Ecoboost Owner Forums

Boost gauge wanted!!!

All of those same forums people your are referring to at that "other" community, are all located here.

You can purchase the Center Gauge Pod from fellow EBOF member crash712us. Check the classifieds, or shoot him a PM.

The MyCal device, which has the extra gauges built into the screen as one of the varying, multiple options, can be had from LMS.

The A-Pillar pod I had made was custom made & could only be replicated by doing it yourself, or finding someone to make it for you.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

I was over on the sho fourm sight browsing around and found some really neet gauge setups. Where can you buy them and how hard are they to set up to make them actually functional? Any help would be much appreciated!!!

I lurked around that other site before coming here, not much activity there. I finally registered there because of the gauge pod question.

Crash712us makes a quality product and several members here have it, I recommend it!

The hardest part was finding a place to drill through the firewall. I tapped into the brake booster line for boost, got an oil filter adapter for oil pressure (has four ports so you can also monitor oil temp if you wanted) and put an adapter in the upper radiator hose for water temp. Crash712us may have extra tips for you.

Difficulty of installing gauges varies depending the types of gauges your wanting install, but if your capable of install stereo equipment and have a little mechanical skill its not to difficult. I only sell one one type of pod, with options of what type of face plate you want. If you have 2010-12 sho you can choose between a black face plate that has a similar pattern as the center console or the Woven aluminum trim which is made from the same material found on 2010-13 sho's. Or on 2013 just a matte black face plate matching center console.

There are many options when comes to gauges, I know you want a boost gauge. If your looking for easy of install I suggest you look at OBDII scan gauges, these you simply mount and plugin to your OBDII port and configure what parameter you want to display. Here are a couple links below for these type gauges.

http://aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=MULTDM100OBDII

file-30.jpg

file-31.jpg

Some other links to photo and installation.

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?399-Gauge-Pod&highlight=gauge+install

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?55-Gauge-Pod/page12&highlight=gauge+install

• 2 weeks later...

Not too shabby there dbulldog :thumb:

Are you concerned at all with that specific location as it relates to the heat vent itself and subsequently having the heat on (during the Winter months) and it leading to premature failure of the gauge itself?

I mean I see you carved slotted openings into that piece, which obviously will allow for some heat to still escape, I just didn't know to like what degree how much would be blowing onto the backside of the gauge that's all.

Certainly looks cool though.

Kudos points for the ingenuity aspect(s) of it's placement.

Be proud as you can state that that is a "one-off" mod (well for now 'til someone copies you).

Thanks for the compliments :D!! I've been away for awhile but have been lurking around to see what people have been up too. Traveling sucks sometimes!

Are you concerned at all with that specific location as it relates to the heat vent itself and subsequently having the heat on (during the Winter months) and it leading to premature failure of the gauge itself?

I mean I see you carved slotted openings into that piece, which obviously will allow for some heat to still escape, I just didn't know to like what degree how much would be blowing onto the backside of the gauge that's all.

No because I don't drive the car in the winter. Stays in the garage under a cover from Nov. - April.

Very creative, what did you use to for the panel or where did you get? I did something similar though many years ago where I crammed a tach in a vent on dash of my car, never had issue there perhaps you will have the same luck.

I had an aluminum panel water jetted by a supplier of mine and removed the louvers from the vent and used the existing frame. Then added an Autometer angle ring and JB Weld sanded to create the blending. What a PIA!!

So can you make more pods....love the pod

Thanks! I would, but time just does not allow me too. Traveling every 3 weeks to LA now for a week for projects is taking up my time. Hell of a lot warmer there at least! 'Crash' builds a very nice looking pod that looks OEM and he can at least mass produce. :thumb:

Looks OEM dbulldog, nice work. Is this what you used for the gauge pod:

Thank you sir! Yep, but because of the angle of the vent I had to use 1 and half the depth of another to get the angle right or it looks up at the headliner. Then epoxy both together and sand down to make it look like one. It actually worked out better than I thought! But again, the work involved just sanding and fitting was a real pain!