Ecoboost Owner Forums

Ford app for iphone?

So I got this today and installed it in less than two hours. The dealer that sold it thought the customer could activate it by calling the 800 line however this is not the case. The dealer was kind enough to go on to PTS while on the phone with me and set it all up. It has a shock sensor which I did not activate but you could do that too. The dealer was shocked he could control my car in Wisconsin from Louisiana. It literally took like 5 minutes on the phone and that was all. Got the PIN and all works great. If your car does not have OEM remote start then an actual dealer visit would be needed as they have to enable the remote start feature. For us that shouldn't be a concern. If you'd like send me a message and I can pass on the dealer contact info.

Jason

The part are coming available this coming week. Right now if the car doesn't have remote start the parts are shipping now. If you have the factory remote start and want to add the app the parts are 2 to 3 weeks out. I was told that the service will be around $45 per year. I will have pricing on hardware next week.

Perhaps you guys can't see my post since the goofy transition of the forum. "Ok here is the scoop...part number is DL3Z-19G364-A and a dealer has them for $425 on ebay. You may need IDS and need PATS to activate the system so a dealer visit may be needed. There is a $50 year charge for the system. I have the installation manual in PDF and you have to tear a bunch of the vehicle apart to put the required modules - yes more than one."

You have to slide off the B pillar trim, both C pillar trim pieces, the side seat bolsters and the rear deck shelf covering.

This is a one kit fits all type things for the Taurus regardless if you all ready have remote start or not. I have the PDF manual for the install and it actually wasn't too bad. It took a couple of hours. The dealer on ebay that has them is a Ford dealer and no one could beat their price of $425 that I contacted. Yearly service is $49.99 a year. IF YOUR CAR DOES NOT HAVE REMOTE START ALREADY AFTER ADDING THIS KIT YOU WILL NEED TO VISIT YOUR FORD DEALER TO HAVE REMOTE START ENABLE THROUGH IDS. If your car has remote start already or once you get it enabled the remote access feature has to be enabled and tested by a Ford dealer using PATS. The dealer that sold the unit for $425 will for free enable and test the properly installed system via PTS while on the phone with you at no extra charge. If you would like this dealer contact info message me or send me an email jmrasmussen "at" msn "dot com. This really is a plug and play system.

Jason