Ecoboost Owner Forums

Tune is ordered and on its way!!!

Had mine in for a couple weeks now and I'll echo everything you've read or heard, the tune and support is awesome. Daily driving you don't even notice it's there, it's so smooth. Once you step into it though she'll break the tires loose hang with pretty much most vehicles on the road.

Really??? Is it that big of a difference? I mean my gosh how big of a difference is it???

It is about 70-90hp just with a tune. So the difference is almost like non non-turbo Taurus versus the SHO...

It is about 0.8 seconds faster for the 0-60.

It is about 0.8 seconds faster on the quarter mile.

It is the same step up as a R/T model versus SRT8...

So, yeah! It is that much of a difference. The shifting are much quicker and you feel that you are always in the power band as opposed to stock where you feel a dip when shifting.

The torque gains make it launch much faster.

Here is a 0-60 of my Lincoln MKT with just a tune, nothing else... It is much heavier than the SHO, it is the 2010 with 355hp stock and with just a tune, it is already faster than my other 2013 PP SHO!

[video=youtube;Rn51kBFetYQ]

Larry, it's not hard, just follow the instructions to get the strategy code and e-mail it back to LMS. I am really bad with computers and if I can do it...anyone can. The difference between a tuned verses non-tuned is night and day. I started with Stage 2 and was amazed with how much it improved the overall performance of the car. I ran that tune for 6 months and then upgraded to 4+ when it became available, and wow, wow, wow, the car is just so much better it's hard to believe it's only a 6 cylinder. I can't imagine having a stock car, it would such "ho hum" to drive. BTW, we I first learned about LMS, I didn't really believe all the things I was reading about how much the tune improved the car...but it was all true. You will love it.

Well just ordered my livernoise tune for my 2013 sho and i cant wait. All i hear is good stuff so we will see. They told me i had to hook up the programmer and get a code and send it back to them to write me a file. I hope this isnt very hard as im no computer expert in anyway shape or form. Lol

It's not too bad, seems complicated but the instructions are clear. Plug it and get the strategy code (10 digit) and ECU SW ID, email that and the mycal S/N to Livernois, and they email back the files.

Download the files to the Mycal and go to the car. Turn off the radio, heater, and rain sensing wipers in the info panel (otherwise they are going when the tune is being downloaded), and start the tune. It will take about 6 minutes to complete. You press the start button twice to get to "run" mode, but do not step on the brake.

The added torque really gets the car moving and it's about 50-60 HP improvement with just the 93 tune.

I have an 11, but I ended up calling Livernois. It wouldnt work in ACC, and it wouldnt work while running. Come to find out I had to press and hold the start button for like 10 seconds, so everything powered up, including my Climate control (not on during ACC mode). And then it worked perfectly.

But yes, Stage 4 is amazing compared to stock.

Really??? Is it that big of a difference? I mean my gosh how big of a difference is it???

Yes. You can get much bigger gains with tuning a turbo, then with your average car. My 10 MKS went from 5.2 to 4.47 seconds 0 to 60 after the tune. Also, before, I could not break traction. After the tune, I can get some wheel spin at take off and sometimes an additional chirp going into second. Above that, the car simply feels better shifting (not harsh) and has better throttle feel.

Yes. You can get much bigger gains with tuning a turbo' date=' then with your average car. My 10 MKS went from 5.2 to 4.47 seconds 0 to 60 after the tune. Also, before, I could not break traction. After the tune, I can get some wheel spin at take off and sometimes an additional chirp going into second. Above that, the car simply feels better shifting (not harsh) and has better throttle feel.[/quote']

LMS should be paying you for these tempting testimonials!

Larry, I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said except I wish I had tuned mine sooner. I went stock for 3 years and adding the tune was like getting a new car! Let us know if you have questions about the process and please give us a full report after you have installed the tune and experienced it.