Ecoboost Owner Forums

Taurus SHO Sales Numbers

I did some google searches and couldn't find a whole lot of info... The best I found was from Autoblog:

So far, Ford says it hasn't had any trouble convincing buyers to abandon traditional big-boned performance vehicles for the SHO resurrection. Around 10 percent of all Taurus sales leave the showroom with a SHO badge on the fender, and half of the performance sedan's sales have been conquest buyers sniped from brands like BMW and Audi.

So Ford sold almost 75,000 Taurii last year, so if that 10% number holds for last year, that'd be 7500 SHO's, so that'd be quite a few sold, but not so many that they are mainstream :) That's the way I like it!

I also like to hear that half of those sales are conquests from BMW, Audi, etc.

edit: found a source for February sales number of 5,875 Taurii, so ~588 were SHO's. Hopefully that number stays on the rise!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I rarely see SHOs anywhere, and I haven't so many Taurus's of any type either, really. Once the police departments get theirs I think that's where I'll be seeing the most SHOs.

Most people really like my car, but have no idea that it's a Taurus, much less a SHO.

I POSTED THE IMFO ON HOW TO GET PRODUCTION # ON A OTHER THREAD HERE THE POST.

Originally Posted by tss

If you happen know where I can access a color list for The 2010 MKS (Steel Blue), it would be much appreciated as well. I have searched to no avail, but do vaguely recall finding an SHO color list.

Originally Posted by AtlantisGreenMetallicSHO

Well I failed at finding out how many were produced but I did succeed in finding some pictures of your Kona Blue SHO and that is one sweet looking color. I had a 25th anniversary Mustang that was a similar color and loved it. Good Call!!!! Although I still like the green (Its supposed to be a cheers but they only have tea haha

Sorry I took so long to get back you two. Here you go Ihave been busy over at TCCA FORUM trying to WIN THE CAR OF THE MONTH contest.

Originally Posted by gpfarrell

Thanks! I wonder if we can dig up MKS Ecoboost numbers someplace, or if that's splitting too many hairs....

Originally Posted by tss

301 SHOs or 301 MKS'?

Here is a e-mail for FORD SERVICE CENTER where I got the #'s for the 2011 SHO. You can get them all FORD's or LINCOLN's

Frye, Kelsey (K.)

10/18/11

to me

Dear Mr. shoman04

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company. As per your request, attached is the production figures for the 2011 Ford Taurus SHO. For any questions, please feel free to contact the Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-392-3673.

Have a great day!

Kelsey Frye

Research Analyst

North American Customer Relationship Center

Originally Posted by travSHO

I have heard that these are limited production vehicles and would like some help figuring out how to find my production number. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I HOPE THIS COME OFF RIGHT IF NOT GO TO THIS THREAD AND YOU CAN FIND OUT THE # YOU ARE LOOK FOR. If not PM me and I'LL dig-up how to read VIN IMFO

2011 Kona Blue w/PP AidAid cai,Dynomax exhaust,ClassicCars Hood decal, Custom painted wheels & grill, ATL FALCONS headrest & Livernois tune to come. (Nomally) See Pic album DragonCon Parade mode MEN-IN-BLACK 3UPDATE ORDERED MY LMS TUNE got MyCal LMS tune just installed can't wait to go to the track2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH

Can always purchase yourself a production certificate, and along with the certificate itself, would be a very detailed production breakdown of all the SHO's, their options, colors, etc etc.....

I posted this like when EBOF was 1st started up as a community way back in like Dec. 2011

http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?79-Official-SHO-Build-Certificate-From-FORD

I found this page on Ford Racing Enthusiasts under Collector Vehicles when I was looking to buy my car:

http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/ford/taurus-sho-2011/

It shows typical information from a Road and Track review of the car but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it shows the total number of SHOs produced in that model year and breaks down the numbers produced by color. Unfortunately, it hasnt been updated beyond 2011 yet.

I live and work in the Chicago area and I rarely see other SHOs . I have never seen another Kona Blue SHO. Im kinda glad there were only 382 of them made.

I found this page on Ford Racing Enthusiasts under Collector Vehicles when I was looking to buy my car:

http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/collector-vehicles/ford/taurus-sho-2011/

It shows typical information from a Road and Track review of the car but if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it shows the total number of SHOs produced in that model year and breaks down the numbers produced by color. Unfortunately, it hasnt been updated beyond 2011 yet.

I live and work in the Chicago area and I rarely see other SHOs . I have never seen another Kona Blue SHO. Im kinda glad there were only 382 of them made.

I think there two Kona blue SHO here and one MKS KONA BLUE. Even here in Atlanta I may have seen 10 SHO ON THE ROAD but no kona blue. At the factory (10k of worker) there may 10-12 taurus's in the parking lot but I have the only SHO.

I don't think they made the 2010 MKS in kona blue. You had to get to get steel blue. Which I have.
tss We had a new member join last month with a Kona blue SHO and I said I was not a long any more and a MKS member said he had a Kona Blue MSK. I think I saw you on that Thread do you remember who it was?

I can see that. The SHO is a good $15k cheaper than a similarly optioned 535 which it will outperform anyway.

Yup, I am liking what some American cars are achieving. Before I bought my SHO I was also shopping at the Cadillac dealership and the salesman there mentioned they are stealing buyers from BMW as well.

The SHO really was the perfect car for me. I wanted to buy American, I am a huge Ford nut and it is... well... REALLY FAST!

According to the sales brochure, 2010 MKSs were not available in Kona Blue - they used Steel Blue. Kona Blue was a 2011 color for the MKS.

GPfarrell and vinnievis, quit torturing yourselves! Get a tune...you know you want it....you know you can afford it....you know it will make you smile. Now just do it! :dance:

I think he was referring to "56 out the door" as it cost him $56.

Moving along, yes, not having the pull down trunk strap is a very good indicator that you have an early 2010 build.....

Or what is/was commonly referred to as a "Job 1" production vehicle.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Just ordered my certificate from Ford for my 2012 SHO. It was 56 out the door.

I honestly did not know that you could load an SHO up to 56 in 2012. Wow, that baby must be loaded! My 2010 MKS with everything (nav, dual pane roof, extra wood, 20s, etc) except ACC and park assist was 54.

I wish we MKS owners could get certificates, but we can't. If you call Lincoln care, they will give you production numbers , but that's it.