Ecoboost Owner Forums

Taurus SHO Sales Numbers

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was referring to "56 out the door" as it cost him $56.

Moving along, yes, not having the pull down trunk strap is a very good indicator that you have an early 2010 build.....

Or what is/was commonly referred to as a "Job 1" production vehicle.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Hahahaha. I should've known, I priced it out myself and it came to $56...

Anyways, I can't think of any other advantages to having a job 1 vehicle besides a chance at a very low production number :)

GPfarrell and vinnievis' date=' quit torturing yourselves! Get a tune...you know you want it....you know you can afford it....you know it will make you smile. Now just do it! :dance:[/quote']

Now that taxes are done, I will be more inclined to dump the $600 or so on a tune. It would definitely result in Permagrin.

You have an SHO though' date=' Shoman was looking for the Kona MKS. :)[/quote']

Whoops! I must have missed that... My speed reading is as bad as my speed typing...

Sorry for the confusion guys. I have been waiting since the first of the year for Ford to finely finish the count. Sure takes them a long time because the 13's have been out for about 6 mouths already. As for how much my SHO costs I just looked it up and only 42. Not bad only option I didnt get is performance package and remote start. Should have gotten the remote start. :banghead: Now I have to add it on now

Sorry for the confusion guys. I have been waiting since the first of the year for Ford to finely finish the count. Sure takes them a long time because the 13's have been out for about 6 mouths already. As for how much my SHO costs I just looked it up and only 42. Not bad only option I didnt get is performance package and remote start. Should have gotten the remote start. :banghead: Now I have to add it on now

Have you looked into adding remote start yet? I imagine it requires another fob? Do you know how much it would cost?

edit: found this: http://www.ecoboostownerforums.com/showthread.php?1511-My-project-for-monday-Aftermarket-remote-start-on-a-factory-Keyfob&highlight=remote+start

Hahahaha. I should've known, I priced it out myself and it came to $56...

Anyways, I can't think of any other advantages to having a job 1 vehicle besides a chance at a very low production number :)

Now that taxes are done, I will be more inclined to dump the $600 or so on a tune. It would definitely result in Permagrin.

Whoops! I must have missed that... My speed reading is as bad as my speed typing...

$56 for the certificate..... :doh:

Geezuz.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Ha vinnievis did you get a cerificate # sheet for your car yet.? I order my car Oct 2010 picked it up Dec 24,2010(WHAT A CHRISTMAS PRESENT) But I was HURT that my car was #296 out of 395 Kona Blue for 2011?!?!? WHAT???!!!! How is that? That was the Question? Best I know mycar was one of the 1st cars order for 2011 but my # is the 1st # after the pre-plan built #er's. so Ford may have only make 10 2011Kona Blue's as of Oct 2010,They plan to build 295 and my car is the 1storder making it #296 THAT SUCKED!!!!!!! NOT #11 REAL BUILTED BUT 295+1 PLAN BUILD.:RpS_mad:PS By VIN my car may have been the 3rd Kona Blue built for the hold yr but cerificate said it's 296 and built in ATLANTA, THAT REAL,REAL,REAL SUCKS!!!!!! aND THE ATLANTA FACTORY WAS GONE 5YR BEFORE 2010's WERE BUILT.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I ordered my 2012 company Taurus in the last week of July 2011 and took delivery the last week of Sept. Ford issued a VIN when they accepted the order and ordered the parts to build it. Having said that, my 13 Sho came off the assembly line mid Sept 2012, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had a "high" S/N or production number. Speaking of VIN numbers, what are the last 5 digits anyway? The number of Tauruses...the number of Fords regardless of model? Does anyone know?

Yowen

That looks like more than I want to do. With the technology that goes into these cars you would think that some of this is just a matter of programing it to work. I have no problem buying new key fob's but splicing into wiring not a fan

Haha, yeah the more I read that thread, the more I got discouraged. But it would be awesome to use the standard FOB.

Ha vinnievis did you get a cerificate # sheet for your car yet.?

Well... I HADNT ordered it yet, and after seeing this post, I just DID order it... Ha ha ha... I will let you know what mine shows. My build date was 8-10-10, so im thinking it will be a low number...

How much stock can you really put into it though? Yours says that it was manufactured at a plant that didnt exist at the time?!?!? :noidea:

1,808 and only one kona blue...

The last year before they change a model is normal to see lower sales...

I wonder if that 2012 kona blue will manifest in our forum!

Might have been a pre-production car or maybe some Ford Executives car or someone in his/her family. I don't think Kona Blue was even an option!

Might have been a pre-production car or maybe some Ford Executives car or someone in his/her family. I don't think Kona Blue was even an option!

Didn't sell it here in Ca. How many did they sell in MY11 curious to see how the numbers correspond

Got my certificate in the mail yesterday. Interesting that only 1' date='808 SHO's were built. I also got a detail on the number of cars with particular options.[/quote']

1,808 and only one kona blue...

The last year before they change a model is normal to see lower sales...

I wonder if that 2012 kona blue will manifest in our forum!

The 2012 Kona Blue may have been the last 2011 Kona Blue order and and by the time the order hit the factory floor the 2012 VIN were already rolling out.

I'm on the old lady tab but I did a post with 2011 #'s for all colors and total #'s some time back I will repost it when we get home from Vegas.

Kona Blue was not listed for 2012 no were that I know of. This one is got a special story that I would love to hear.

I was surprised to see that to. It may have been dark blue peril Ford changes the names of car colors without changing the color. Case in point I needed some touch up paint for my GT500 and its called torch red from Ford but when you check the color code it says something different. I got the paint and it matches perfectly. Kona blue was offered on the Mustang lineup in 2011 or 2010 not sure.

Not sure how collectable these cars are in the future but they seem to have a cult following for sure.

I was surprised to see that to. It may have been dark blue peril Ford changes the names of car colors without changing the color. Case in point I needed some touch up paint for my GT500 and its called torch red from Ford but when you check the color code it says something different. I got the paint and it matches perfectly. Kona blue was offered on the Mustang lineup in 2011 or 2010 not sure.

Not sure how collectable these cars are in the future but they seem to have a cult following for sure.

I know the Silver Color has been called a couple different things over the years...when the Focus came out it, it was called CD Silver, but was the same thing as Satin Silver on other cars.

I know the Silver Color has been called a couple different things over the years...when the Focus came out it' date=' it was called CD Silver, but was the same thing as Satin Silver on other cars.[/quote']

The Kona Blue was on the 2010 Mustang (maybe on 2009 not sure) and 2011. I was looking at ordering a 2010 SHO and love the Kona Blue Mustang but was not on the SHO. So I heard that 2011 SHO was coming in it, so I waited til the end of 2010 to order my 2011 got it 12-24-2010. Kona BLUE IS ON 2013 Mustang not on the 2013 or 2012 SHO but that one. LOVE TO KNOW IT'S STORY?!!!!!

How many of the Charger sales where to fleets or Police markets? Ford breaks out the PI and PIU sales separately from the Taurus and Explorer.

I gotta think a large portion of both cars is going to fleets, especially the Charger. Ford as far as I can tell includes their police edition in sales but does make available how many are going toward police duty. Which Dodge does not do, or at least I haven't seen it readily available on the link I posted.