Ecoboost Owner Forums

Starting and Stopping "Torque" Android App automatically!

I'm glad yours came together easier for you than mine did for me. But at least I'm there now. Seems like I've been dinking around with this for several weeks. Nice to have the last problem behind me. Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that. Absolutely fantastic to be able display a fine range of gauge choices and change the display on a whim.

My frustration is that I can't pick the one screen I want to show on start up. There were several stock screens already created when I installed app so when I created mine I did it on one of the blank ones. I tried telling it I only wanted one screen but it won't let you choose the one. it picks the one closest to the center of the group of screens. So I guess I will have to recreate my screen on the center group screen and then tell it one screen. Frustrating, it gives you so much control of everything else. That is unless I'm missing something.

I guess I have been accepting that limitation without questioning it. I just made the default opening screen in the dashboard my primary display and did not try to change it. I wonder if you can physically slide a gauge from one screen to an adjacent one by "moving" instead of having to recreate it on another screen. I think it might be possible because my large boost gauge slightly overhangs into the adjacent screens. What gauges have you decided to display? Now that my other issues have been resolved, I can get to some more creative decisions.

Did you say you found your Nexus used on EBay? Someone on this forum did and I'm not remembering. I ask because after tweaking mine with a custom kernel to increase the charge rate, I realized if I sold mine now the new owner would not be aware of the previous low charge rate. I did find quite a bit of chatter about that on line so there were others besides me. Just none on this forum.

I guess I have been accepting that limitation without questioning it. I just made the default opening screen in the dashboard my primary display and did not try to change it. I wonder if you can physically slide a gauge from one screen to an adjacent one by "moving" instead of having to recreate it on another screen. I think it might be possible because my large boost gauge slightly overhangs into the adjacent screens. QUOTE]

You can do that...just keep moving it to the edge and it will sort of overlap the screens. Then just swipe to the next screen and continue the "move".

• 8 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but it's exactly what i'm trying to do 9 years later. Can you be more specific about the commands you used in Tasker for the power triggers? I think Tasker has changed a lot over time, and I don't know exactly how to phrase the power on/off trigger. Any help would be appreciated