Ecoboost Owner Forums

"SHO-OFF the SOUTH:" 1ST MEET and Drag night

shoman04

The "SHO-OFF the SOUTH" Group had a meet at the SILVER DOLLAR RACEWAY LAST NIGHT.AirPortGuy770 and I were to jump on some SS Camaro from my job but they were scared and CHICKEN OUT.LOL HA here is a inside joke, Airport show up w/out the SHO I ask why I find out that it's his wife's car and her and the girl's went out on the town Friday night.LOL But he came in a ford GT-500 Mustang and it was his DAD so he was scared to run it.LMBOROG :lol:The 1st time sheet is with him in the car(can't run less than 14.0sec w/someone in car) but it was one of my best 1/8mi time of the night, the track condition was very bad last night.

mar152013_zpsf0d6bd4c.jpg

HA STEVE I did hit my highest MPH 107.56 I've run but track was the worst traction ever or I was making more pwr than ever? I put a bottle of octane boost(w/methanol) in this fuel load and I had more wheel spin and 1st time wheel hop ever. Steve what do you think more pwr w/oct or bad track night cause the wheel spin and wheel hop?

Airportguy770 almost pea-ed on his self, he love how much faster my tune car was over his wife's car.:lol:

SORRY ABOUT THE VIDEO,left my camera at home so this from a cel phone.

Not sure I follow all what was written in your post shoman04...

From what I understood, more octane is useless if not tuned accordingly.

Usually bad traction = wheel spinning and higher trap speed...

I added a bottle octane boost for more pwr and I was spinning off the line that new for me. I have never had wheel hop(I just realies I put pop not hop) The question is can a bottle of octane boost make that much of a drifferent or was the track just that bad Friday night? I did get one great lunch w/airportguy770 in the car, when we were the 1st car behind 20" wide drag wheel cars. the track was so sticky, rolling up on it sound like walking a sticky ketchen floor that the kid spill kool-aid on.LOL