Ecoboost Owner Forums

Barrett-Jackson

Showgun

What about glass? I cant seem to find a way to keep the windows free from hazing' date=' streaking or getting a foggy look. I have tried several product and techniques but the windows seem to look like crap in no time.[/quote']

A lil trick I learned from the ladies at one of the jewelry stores I worked at in an off-duty capacity, they told me that most paper towel mfg'ers use some type of softening agent when making their rolls of paper towels.

Combine that with the fact that most common glass cleaners have Ammonia in them.

The Ammonia apparently interacts with the softening agents used during paper towel development, which in turn, causes your glass to have that cloudy, foggy looking appearance.

To get the glass on their various jewelry display cases to appear crystal clear, they would simply substitute the paper towels with cloth hand towels.

Then when they brought the dirty towels home to wash, they would skip out on the use of the laundry softener.

I tried this myself and it was literally the difference between night and day :thumb:

***This post sent from my DROID3 using the 'Tapatalk' App***

What about glass? I cant seem to find a way to keep the windows free from hazing' date=' streaking or getting a foggy look. I have tried several product and techniques but the windows seem to look like crap in no time.[/quote']

Stoner's Invisible Glass and a good microfiber glass towel will do the job.

New cars are very hard to keep the glass clean, especially in warmer climates. A lot of the haze you end up with on the glass is due to various things leeching out of all the material in the car as it heats up.

Archived